Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket 15" wheels and standard wheel bolts.

Raeman

Hi everyone, may sound like a silly question but need to be sure on this.

I've just bought a set of 15" alloys for the Aygo and need to know if the standard Aygo sport wheel bolts are ok to use with them or do I need to buy different or special bolts?

Any help is much appreciated.

cheers.

As I remember, my set of 15"alloys came with a slightly longer bolts than the standard ones. Do you also have the proper spacers as well? Some people have their front tyres rubbing with full turns without spacers. 

Toyota oem alloys tend to have a flat seat for wheel bolts (not sure if this is true with Aygo which is also a Citroen /Peugeot) whereas most 3rd party alloys have a conical taper. If that is true in your case you need different bolts (plus you should also inform your insurer of the change of wheels as they may consider it a modification).

Thanks guys, 

i have the Sport model so it has the 14" alloys, the bolt in the image is what the car has on now as standard.

The bolts will seat fine in the wheel but they don't look long enough to me to bolt in the hub.

Does this seem ok or do they need to be longer?

If so does anyone know what bolts I should be buying, what size ect.?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks like the new wheels you have are tapered seat like most aftermarket types. DO NOT use the stock bolts! My 15" wheels came with taper bolts but then they were sold as such specifically for the Aygo. I dont have spacers and have zero rub on full lockm. Oh, and there are several different angles of taper. Take one of your wheels to a shop and get the right type.

• Like 1

Thanks Planemo that's brilliant advice and as I thought.

Cheers.👍