Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The latest maps and firmware for my 2016 Excel

Bowruss

Hello all

I'm a bit confused - could be me or it could be the My Toyota site...

Can anyone tell me the latest map update number and the latest firmware for my Excel?

I have registered my Prius on the site and managed to enter the id number (phew..watch out for uppuer and lower case stuff!) so I'm ready to update my maps and firmware if I need to.  I'll do it on line via usb  rather than by my rather simple phone.  My car is an April 2016 Excel and has the Touch 2 with Go Plus.

Can someone confirm the latest maps and firmware?  As it's so new, it may have all the latest loaded up already but I'd like to check.

Thanks, Russ

6.7.0WH is the latest. 

1 hour ago, kithmo said:

6.7.0WH is the latest. 

Thanks kithmo

Just checked my details:     Software V. - 4.5.OWH     Map ID. = 2015 V.2

I have my Request Code so I'll give the download a go.

Russ

It will show a cost initially (£199 IIRC) on the Toyota site, which changes to free when you select it, if your car is registered.

• 3 weeks later...

New car owners get 3 years of free updates. I haven't updated yet but a few times the sat nav diverted me to avoid traffic jams and the diversion turned out to be worse! Google maps seem to be superior if I want to avoid jams. I'll have to see if the update improves on this.

The last update I did on my old Gen 3 Prius was very painful to do (stopped some phone features working for a while too), and the 'new' map was more out of date than a five-year-old TomTom.

Now my Gen 4 has arrived I will leave well alone and continue to use my TomTom 6000, which has lifetime free quarterly map updates and lifetime free traffic data that's more up to date, more reliable and cover more minor roads than anything else I've seen.  Several roads that only opened this year are on it, wheres some roads that opened several years ago are not on the Toyota map.

Hello and thanks for the replies.  I did the usb thing and updated.  All seems to be fine and I like the new radio station layout under media.

I'm not a great satnav user so I've yet to compare the new maps, etc. with my old Garmin and my Mercedes Comand.  I did mention to my dealer that I'd done the update who said they would be happy to do it for customers.  So maybe next time I'll take them up on it. 

Th usb procedure did take a while - both in downloading and copying to the stick and then uploading from the stick to the car.  Worth it I think.

Russ