Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis to Auris

wotnoshoeseh

OK - I got the iO Play 2 kit today.  In it there is the following:-

• The iO Play 2 "black box" - that all the cables connect to.
  • The LED output.
  • The controller switch.
  • 30 pin iPod lead
  • ISO harness
  • Aux harness
  • External Microphone.

So, forgive me, but I am confused :unsure: - I thought iO Play 2 had a 180W amplifier??

Konrad (or others...)

Just got the unit all wired in, and connected up the iPod to play music, but it did not route through the car stereo.  I have not completed the install just yet, but wanted to turn it on to check for power etc.

No issues with the power side but I had a question....

• There is mention of a mute connection (both pink and brown).  These are currently tied together, but do I need to feed these into a mute port on the stereo?
  • Once I start to pair phones etc. will that clear up some of the issues?

I may have more questions, so please bear with me.....  apologies.

Thanks in advance,

D.

EDIT:_ All connected in - BT calls and streaming working perfectly - just the iPod lead not playing music back through the stereo?  Anyone got any ideas??

Cheers,

D

• 2 weeks later...

I worked this one out - I simply did a Reset of the system and reconnected everything - all is well with the world....

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I'm back resurrecting an old thread here as I'm trying to get some assistance.  The young driver alluded to at the start of this thread has passed his test, and I subsequently got him a Peugeot 207 M:Play - basically has aux input box, and twin RCA phono socket inputs, but no BT for telephone / streaming.

So I'm on the look out for another BT solution.  I know, I know....You're going to say "Post on the Peugeot owners club forum"; but I have done and got bugger all back on that forum, so I thought I'd come back to my friends on the Toyota forum for advice.

The cheapest thing seems to be to change the head unit; but the Pug has steering wheel mounted controls, and using a different head unit makes it troublesome to reset the clock, date etc.

So, does anyone have any good shout outs for a BT solution?

With the IO Play 2 being now virtually unobtainable, I was looking at the connects2, Parrot, and just saw xcarlink has one as well.

Cheers,

D

From memory, Auris owners found the Xcarlink better than the Connects2.

• Like 1

Thanks Frosty and Konrad.

What are your thoughts on the Parrot kit?  Or, are the xcarlink and connects2 more highly thought of?

I guess the benefit of the Parrot is the separate display unit, that the others don't have?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers guys,

D