Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Import Viewing

Dangerous

Im viewing an imporeted celica 2.0 GT today. What do I have to look out for.

He said 1 of the bushes is squueking but on the toyota garage inspection they said it would only cosat £10 to sort. About right?

Any advice would be good also whos a good 4 insurance as my firm at the mo wont let me change cars.

Cheers

I got my insurance for a 2l GTI from elephant.co.uk. Fully comp its £349 which is pretty sweet. Also try Norwich union,the Co-op and Churchill. All of these game me quite good low prices too.

If he had an inspection and they said it would cost £10 then why didnt he get it done there and then? Changing one of the bushes wouldnt cost much tho so the price is about right.

Is it the superstrut model? If so then the sqeaking bush will possibly cost about £500 if it is the track control arm :o

THE FRONT STRUT HAS LIKE 5 LINK ARMS COMING OFF IT , STANDARD STRUTS HAVE ONLY 1. ALSO ITS NOT A MCPHERESON STRUT , MY DEALER SAID TO STAY WELL CLEAR , ANY OR ALL LINK ARMS ARE DEALER ONLY AND LIKE £ 100 to £ 200 each.

HAVE U TRIED THE TOC INSURANCE LINK? CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE CAME BACK WITH THE BEST QUOTE FOR MY 1993 GTI.... £375 FULLY COMP. PROTECTED (WITH 1 CRASH & 3 POINTS) ALSO "MORE THAN" ARE QUITE COMPETETIVE.

Maleborn1967

Sorry to be ask a stupid question. :wacko:

Superstrut good or bad

superstrut 1 0r 5 struts

ta

its a much stronger suspension , for thrashing the car , but also expensive to maintain on mot tests if it fails on anything. personnally i'd opt for standard struts.

it kinda looks like an eagles claw at the bottom , with 3 to 5 little link arms running off it. standard is a mcpherson strut with only 1 link arm

try to locate a uk model , less bother for parts and insurance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links