Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo heater blower stopped working

Barry W

Eygo,

I thank you for your reply but I know the script from this video by heart, my wife complained last night that I mumbled Aygo Heater Blower in her ear every time I made love to her last night..and if you believe that!

The point is that this Video doesn't tackle the no space issue to get the !Removed! blower out......it cuts to a extracted unit which is great if you've got the whole heater unit out of the car but had me in tears as it's doesn't complete the job for any normal guy working on the heater blower!

B

On LHD triplets you don't need to remove the steering column or the clutch pedal as the motor is removed upwards, from the top of the dash, not down the clutch pedal. I'm not sure about RHD but I've heard somewhere else too about the need to remove the steering column, which is strange to me. I assume those people didn't try to do the job from the top only..... 

This is the nightmare jobbie.......read it and pray for me............

kaliope,

There ain't a lot of space either up or down ( not to say none!)........I keep looking at the motor through the front screen  ( after I've wiped the tears from my eyes)

I've messed with cars most of my life, I can do this, I can do this, it's just that I shouldn't have to do this to replace a !Removed! heater motor....... 

take same pics to show how little space there is up or down on RHD

K,

Will get back to you once I establish how to post pics,

Please find the Post that covers the problematic issue........

Pray your Heater motor always works!

Please find the Post that covers the problematic issue........

Pray your Heater motor always works!

Okay further update.

Put power the motor ..nothing..put power to the new heater .works, so nothing wrong with wiring........

Pulled the motor out as much as it will come  before it hit the clutch pedal bracket.....then phoned a pal who suggested that the brushes might be stuck and holding off the commutator, sprayed down the electrical connection aperture with wd 40  and banged the back end of the motor with a hammer.hey presto, it's  working..........

Here's hoping it will continue......I'll wait for a while before I resell the new Motor.........

A word of advice if your Aygo Heater motor fails.........book 3 days off to fix the bugger!.

or let toyota spend 6 hours to fix it.

eygo, 

Aye, but only an Englishman can afford that, I'm only a poor Scot........

Thanks for all the input Guys

B

my heart bleeds for you lol,but a scot called barry will have loads of money from not wanting to spend any of it :-)

24 hours and still working, who's the daddy?..............just hoping, I don't have to eat those words, They'll find me in a corner in tears

Keeping my fingers crossed.......( and my  wallet.crossed and closed........) 

Like a few words with the balloon that designed that heater motor on the triplets......eedgit!

• 3 months later...

Further update......motor started making growling noises with stop/start action, made a few phones calls............eventually had a guy replace the motor ( I supplied the new motor via Eurocarparts) for £150!

Job done ( He had to drop the clutch pedal!)