Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sailun Atrezzo Tyres - Avoid!

mickburkesnr

Writing this half out of anger, and half out of not wanting other people to buy these things!

3 years ago I was incredibly skint and needed to replace two front tyres on my 107 (which is the same as an Aygo). The local place I went to offered me two Sailun Atrezzo tyres for my car for about £35/£40 each. I got them put on, and thought nothing more about them.

In the 3 years the car has done next to no miles. It was parked for a year and my girlfriend has been driving it since. She told me the other month that the car is really bad in the wet. I ignored this as she's not a very confident driver, the weather had been really bad, and my car wasn't always amazing in the wet to begin with sometimes.

Anyway, this week my other car has decided to die so I'm using the 107. It's been wet in Birmingham/Stourbridge quite a lot, but as I drive to the conditions I didn't think I'd have a problem. I get to a set of lights on the flat, and as I pull off the wheels start spinning like mad. I had absolutely no grip. I put this down to a combination of my heavy foot (the car that died is a Peugeot 3008 1.6 Diesel, a good 700Kg on the 107!) and the rain. I get to the next set of lights, same thing again. Then I get to a roundabout, and I drive around it but I can feel the car wanting to go in a straight line.

The tyres, as I checked the front wheels for any movement etc, while they have a lot of tred left they just have absolutely sod all grip in the wet. Even this morning, it had been raining heavy during the night but the road was mildly moist, the car just didn't have any grip at all. I've since told the girlfriend not to drive the car until I get the tyres replaced which will be at the end of this month. 

But for those reading this, don't put your life or the lives of loved ones at risk by buying these tyres. Yes they're cheap, but they're cheap for a reason. Plus the road noise at speed is actually unbareable. Spend £10/£20 a corner more on tyres from Toyo (which I have on the back, brilliant tyre) or Falkens. Anything but these Sailuns!

Cheap tyres are a gamble. They can be fine but it's always worth reading a few reviews of a particular brand/type online before buying.

I remember years ago taking a car for an MOT with Michelins at bang on the legal limit of 1.6mm. The tester failed it on the tyres and suggested I buy some £30 Mabor cheapies from him to get it through the test. This I did and got it past the MOT, but driving away it was clear the new tyres were absolute cr@p. In light rain the car was all over the road, despite 8mm of tread they were far worse than the badly worn Michelins I'd just removed!

I eventually scrapped those tyres when they still had 4-5mm tread on them. The fitter who took them off thought I was crazy, but they were so bad they were dangerous, particularly in the wet.

There are some very good budget tyres on the market, but to get decent ones never go for the cheapest option. As above, check out some of the reviews first. We have been selling Evergreen tyres as a budget option with very good customer feedback