Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis fuel leak

Pete W

Hi everyone, my 2000 avensis 1AZFSE, has developed a petrol leak at the back of the engine somewhere. It seems to be just below the manifold somewhere, but can't quite see just where it is. It varies as to how bad it is, it seems worse when the engine is cold, when it nearly runs out of it, then when warm, it doesn't drip at all, but you can still smell it. Any ideas what it could be?. Thanks

Your engine has direct injection, so has a higher than normal pressure compared to normal fuel injection. It is a matter to find the possible leak. Check the injector seals.

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2001/avensis/azt220r-awmehw/3_273540_077_/tool-engine-fuel/2211_fuel-injection-system

The Haynes manual covers parts of the engine.

Be very careful though as the 1AZFSE engine fuel injection has to be depressurised, due to the higher fuel rail pressure mentioned earlier! 

• 3 weeks later...

Having had a car fire I would get it fixed pronto. It was a Vauxhall Omega and burnt out. My wife had the same car. I checked that and the there was a small leak where the metal pipe joined the flexible pipe to the common rail under the bonnet. There was an occasional smell of petrol but nothing I could see.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links