Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy Wheel Refurb (On The Cheap!)

Jaris

Just done a quick refurb job on the alloys on my Yaris T Sport. A previous owner had sprayed them black a while back and they weren't in great condition, also the centre caps were missing.

IMG_20160502_130809.jpg

I used the following for the job:

- Can of Plasitdip Black - £9
- Set of 4 Centre Caps - £8
- Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel - £10
- A razor blade - Free

First job was to spray the centre caps, gave them four coats until they looked like this:

IMG_20160503_193504.jpg

Next, my plan was to remove the black paint just covering the logo but it was too fiddly to do so in the end I just removed the paint from the centre of the caps. This was done by using the razor blade to cut the edge of the shape and peel off.

Finished caps...

IMG_20160503_203348.jpg

I then gave the wheels themselves four or five coats of Plastidip and fitted the caps:

IMG_20160504_171944.jpg

Finally a coat of tyre gel and I was finished. They look a lot darker in reality, my camera has lit this shot up though:

IMG_20160604_191523.jpg

All wheels done, not bad for an afternoon's work and less than £30 spent  :)

IMG_20160604_191937.jpg

• Like 2

Niiice :thumbsup:

Where'd you get the centre caps?

I wanted to get some for my dad's as 2 of them have come out, but Toyota wanted £50 for them! :eek:

Thanks, they're from eBay. They are plastic and from China but to be honest the quality is pretty good, although not sure if they would look cheap and tacky if they were fitted to a car unpainted. I got them from this seller, and there are pics in the link...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152047578026

Took about a fortnight to arrive :)

Hope you made sure you didn't get any paint under the bolts. I did once and the wheel fell off!

^Haha wow! I did the painting with the wheels on, covered up everything but the rims so hopefully it hasn't got anywhere it shouldn't  :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links