Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vitz/Yaris Immobiliser? Strange beep!

Vitzy

Just discovered today that if I press the lock button on the keyfob twice the horn gives a little beep from under the bonnet....anyone know what this is?!

On our later Yaris the second press deadlocks the doors, but doesn't toot, just flashes the indicators again.

On my Ford it toots on the second press as an audible confirmation that it got the message the first time (when it flashed the indicators which you may have missed). Doesn't do anything else.

If the car has an alarm it may indicate this is now set - often they don't set on the first press, so you have some separate control over lock and alarm. If you don't have an alarm it obviously won't be that.

Sounds like it could be the same as your Ford then, only had the car a couple of weeks but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an alarm....not that I've discovered anyway! Thanks Mike

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links