Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E Alarm

ToyotaCarinaUK

Hi all! I hope somebody can help me.

I have a 1998 Toyota Carina E. Recently I took it to Kwik Fit (yeah, I know!!!!!!) to look at a brake issue I have. I drove my car home and the next morning it wouldn't fire up (first time ever!) I had breakdown to look at it, but to no avail..it's definitely not the fuel pump.

Anyway, a friend told me that it could be worthwhile disconnecting the Battery to allow for a total computer reset (he thinks the immobiliser might be the issue). I have done this and am now wanting to jump-lead the car to try and get it started. However, I have only one concern and that is whether the alarm will start going off and whether my key fob is now not synced (and so cannot stop the alarm). If I try and jump-lead the car and the Battery goes off, will I simply be able to disconnect the leads again (as the Battery won't be charged at that point), or will none of this matter so long as I do not try and immobilise my car with the key fob? I am happy to just use the key itself for locking from now on and can dispense with the fob.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links