Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Automatic Door Locking

Bowruss

Harters - I watched it through and I see what you mean about the thump when she presses "Park" but does this mean the dorrs/gate are unlocked?  I suppose it must do but I can't say I've heard this in mu Prius.  Maybe you have to manualy select lock with the button which releases when you park?  I don't think this happens.  Also, it never locks when turning on or selecting "D".

I reckon that if her car is unlocking, it must have some (USA?) software.  I'll bet our cars can't do this trick!

Russ

It's just so weird as I remember hearing the doors lock/unlock automatically.  Also when I test drove a CT200h it did the same.  It seems such a strange omission as i have had auto locking in my cars for years.

Maybe I dreamt it :blush:

I've yet to come across any documents that suggest this is possible on a Toyota or Lexus.

I drove a Lexus NX a couple of years ago, and some RX and LS 7-8 years ago, plus loads of Toyotas since 2000, and not one has had auto locking.

I wonder what I was hearing then?

Oh well, I will just have to remember to press the lock button as part of my start up routine :biggrin:

7 minutes ago, Harters said:

I wonder what I was hearing then?...

Sometimes, you may hear a thunk when selecting D or R from P if the weight of the car has been allowed to settle against the Park Pawl, when on a slope.  That can't explain a sound when you select P though.

• Like 1

That's the Prius v, the US version of our Prius+.

Also on the Prius 

Prius

There was also this hack for the old Lexus IS, which again is in the US.  I tried it on my car, just in case, but it didn't work :blush:

Lexus

I'm like a dog with a bone, but I will now admit defeat :biggrin:

3 hours ago, PeteB said:

I've yet to come across any documents that suggest this is possible on a Toyota or Lexus.

I drove a Lexus NX a couple of years ago, and some RX and LS 7-8 years ago, plus loads of Toyotas since 2000, and not one has had auto locking.

I'm almost certain my 2009 and my 2012 Avensis had auto locking.  On the 2012 version it could be switched off using the stereo screen.  

The 2012 Avensis certainly does & as stated switchable from the head unit. iirc my 2007 Avensis also had it but not user switchable.

• Like 1

I've only driven one Avensis, a 2005 T3-X - I don't recall it having auto locking, but I could be wrong.

Woof woof! I feel the same.  Chasing our tails???

Russ

9 hours ago, Harters said:

Also on the Prius 

Prius

There was also this hack for the old Lexus IS, which again is in the US.  I tried it on my car, just in case, but it didn't work :blush:

Lexus

I'm like a dog with a bone, but I will now admit defeat :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back again.  Now I know it can be done I want it even more now :biggrin:  Video should start at the right point 0.56 

I am glad I don't have the pedestrian alert though :laugh:

That looks like a USA Prius.  We don't always get what they get, and vice versa.

2 minutes ago, johalareewi said:

That looks like a USA Prius.  We don't always get what they get, and vice versa.

Yep, he is in Wisconsin. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links