Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anothe recall

grahamh

Thanks for this.  So my April Prius Excel may not be affected?

Russ

As with all recalls, people jump to conclusions about how many and what models are covered in a recall. The best thing to do is check your car on the Toyota recall checker (for UK) It may be a short while whilst current affected models are uploaded, but you can find it here

https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/owners/recall-checker.json

If your car is affected, you will be written to when the parts become available, which may take some time to sort out

Kingo 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parts-King said:

As with all recalls, people jump to conclusions about how many and what models are covered in a recall. The best thing to do is check your car on the Toyota recall checker (for UK) It may be a short while whilst current affected models are uploaded, but you can find it here

https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/owners/recall-checker.json

If your car is affected, you will be written to when the parts become available, which may take some time to sort out

Kingo 

Thanks for this quick and very helpful reply.  I ran my car reg. through the checker using the link yiou provided and it tells me NFA action needed - not affected.

Russ

There you go! 

Sometimes when a new recall is announced, it can take a week or two for the website database to be updated, check again soon just to make sure. Like I said, if your car is affected, you will be written to by Toyota in the fullness of time. For instance, the current air bag recall will take maybe 18 months or more, there are so many cars affected, so the letters go out in batches, otherwise the dealer network are bombarded from day one and there would be no resources / parts to be able to fix the vehicles affected 

• Like 1

Thanks again Parts-King - good points.  I understand what you say and I'll check again in a couple of weeks.  I'll also just sit back and see what happens.

Russ

Mine is affected 

Enjoy the car 2010 rattles from after 1 month stopped most of them now with cardboard packing 

Happy days

When I go to the Recall Checker I'm told that my vehicle is "subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall".

Anyone know what a voluntary customer service campaign means? As they use the word "or" I assume it's not related to the recall issue.

7 minutes ago, Duffryn said:

When I go to the Recall Checker I'm told that my vehicle is "subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall".

Anyone know what a voluntary customer service campaign means? As they use the word "or" I assume it's not related to the recall issue.

It means there is a recall outstanding and possibly other "special service campaign work" that needs doing. SSC work is not a recall, but things that Toyota will do to your car for customer satisfaction purposes, it is usually done whilst in for service, no need to take it specifically to be done, check with your dealer

• Like 1

Voluntary service campaigns don't go through the formal DVSA (formerly VOSA) recall process, which is just related to safety issues, and, as such, the manufacturer doesn't have access to the owner details (names and addresses) held by DVLA.

An example of a recent voluntary service campaign is the following  

• Like 1

OK many thanks P-K & Frosty, I'll certainly speak to my dealer about it then.

Checked with the dealer today. My car is on recall but not for air bags just the faulty emission control units. There are no details or fixes as yet but I will be notified by my dealer eventually.

13 hours ago, Chris Dance said:

Checked with the dealer today. My car is on recall but not for air bags just the faulty emission control units. There are no details or fixes as yet but I will be notified by my dealer eventually.

Ditto - I think!

My dealer tells me mine will be recalled - I assumed for the airbag problem, plus VCSC work to be done as mentioned earlier in this thread. You'd suppose cars of the same vintage would require the same attention, but I guess the dealers are probably in the dark too at the moment. I'll just have to sit tight and await my letter..

29 minutes ago, Duffryn said:

You'd suppose cars of the same vintage would require the same attention,

There are 2 (or maybe 3) Prius production lines (plants) in Japan. It is is possible that the different lines use different batches of the same component (like air bags).  So if there is a faulty batch, it may not affect all production lines. 

My Auris HSD shows up as being affected. I guess it won't be done today while it's in for a service.

• 2 weeks later...

My Prius also shows up as being affected but the local dealership has not received any instruction or information. I am to await a letter!

There are a number of recalls on the go where the recall has been announced but there are no parts or technical instructions available yet. In that case please wait until you receive your letter, it may take a while depending on the outcomes available

• Like 1