Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Retrofit B9001 to RAV4.2 XTR

Davemswift

Hello!

I'm hoping someone has possibly looked at doing this in the past and can shed some light!  I've got a B9001 (TNS600) unit which I've purchased to replace the stock CD unit in my MK2 Rav.  I have connected the unit to the standard power/speaker connectors and all work without issue, however the B9001 has a different connector for the steering wheel controls, and for the GPS to detect road speed. 

I've got another large connector from the old unit, which on checking wiring diagrams has the leads I require for the B9001, however it has a different form factor plug.

Does anyone have the part number for the connectors or for any loom adaptors that are needed for this?

Here's hoping!

Thanks,

Dave.

Before you go any further consider this system was old 10 years ago and map updates will be required. The free google maps you get on any modern phone will wipe the floor with it in almost every single way.

• 4 months later...

Just an update a few months on in case anyone else is considering doing the same - the installation was very straight forward and I found that the required connectors were already present in the car, just wrapped in foam and taped back to the loom.  It appears that certainly on mine it was pre-wired for both variants.

I purchased an updated DVD from http://satnavdvd.co.uk/ and am very happy with the unit and how it works.  A nice upgrade if you want to keep everything looking stock/work with steering wheel controls without additional adaptors etc.

Regards,

Dave.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links