Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Icon - Spare Wheel

rogersp

HI

My daughter is collecting a 2013 1.6 Auris Icon next week and, as you will know, there is no spare wheel which is just fine and dandy if you don't get a puncture.

Experiencing a none fixable puncture at the road side travelling top an appointment is no joke if the liquid solution fails. Even worst is having one on a Sunday afternoon on the way to the ferry, don't ask, is even more entertaining.

I think we are all aware that the trend to remove spare wheels is not to save fuel but to save cost at the point of manufacture.

Anyway, at the very least I want her to have a spare wheel, even if it's only a money, I mean Spacesaver. Before I go out and buy one from Mr T does anyone know if Spacesavers are universal or are there one specific for each car?

If I have to buy one I will but there must be dozens out there looking for a home.

Any opinions or advice will be gratefully received.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, rogersp said:

I think we are all aware that the trend to remove spare wheels is not to save fuel but to save cost at the point of manufacture.

Probably more to do with getting better results in the EU fuel consumption testing rather than saving owners fuel - no spare, less weight.

You need to check that the wheel has the correct offset, PCD, etc - see http://www.wheelfitment.eu

The spacesaver kits that Toyota sell also include the fittings for the spare to fit into the tyre well properly (eg retaining bolt, etc).

Got spare wheel + kit from Toyota dealer for my 2013 Auris 1.6 valvematic for just over £100. Well worth the peace of mind.

Thanks, do you have the Toyota Part Number/s?

I'm looking at the invoice (Mrch 2016)

which has following details:

N/Stk carrier, spare         T51931-05030     £2.50  (1 item)

N/Stk protector, spa         T64778-02040     £14.08 (4 items)

N/Stk Bag, tool                  T09120-02130    £4.31  (1 item)

N/Stk wheel assembly        T42600-05811    £67.13 (1 item)

They fitted it for me in the boot free of charge, so I don't know what is what.

Best of luck.

Edited by Ashfaqur
Missing details

Wise after the event I know. You should possibly have negotiated a spare wheel kit into the final agreed price.

When I purchased my "new" pre- registered Yaris over two years ago I suggested no spare and kit, no deal. There was no real resistance and they supplied it. Obviously, at the time, they were not prepard to lose a sale for the cost to them, surely well below £100.

11 hours ago, Ashfaqur said:

I'm looking at the invoice (Mrch 2016)

which has following details:

N/Stk carrier, spare         T51931-05030     £2.50  (1 item)

N/Stk protector, spa         T64778-02040     £14.08 (4 items)

N/Stk Bag, tool                  T09120-02130    £4.31  (1 item)

N/Stk wheel assembly        T42600-05811    £67.13 (1 item)

They fitted it for me in the boot free of charge, so I don't know what is what.

Best of luck.

Caution as the kits for Tourer, Conventional Hatch & Hybrid hatch are all different 

On 7/7/2016 at 7:40 PM, rogersp said:

Thanks, do you have the Toyota Part Number/s?

Kit numbers for an Auris Tourer.

Auris Tourer spare wheel kit.png

i would have a look in the boot to see if you could have a full size spare instead of the space saver

a space saver is better than goo and a full size is best of all

• Like 1

I'm coming around to the opinion I should find a secondhand full size steel wheel with the right offset and fit a half decent tyre. Finding a jack and wheel brace should be straight forward along with some modification/adjustment to the boot floor to accommodate the wheel. If anyone has completed this task then I'd welcome your input.

I'll wait until she gets the car then research the steel wheel specs. Hopefully on from an Avensis will be OK as they are plentiful?

I'll keep you posted!

Thanks 

Ok, problem solved.

The Auris ICON came with a jack, wheel brace, liquid goo sealer and mini compressor. 

There's space for a FS Steel spare so I've purchased this:

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/steel-wheel/alcar-kfz-9683  £42, although now seems to have changed to £51, delivered so all looks promising.

The only decision now is do I go for budget or mid range tyre as the spare as it'll only be used in emergencies so probably sit in the car for the duration of ownership.

If I hit any obstacles I'll update the same.

Thanks for the input, it's appreciated.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
On 7/11/2016 at 4:55 PM, rogersp said:

The only decision now is do I go for budget or mid range tyre as the spare

5 minutes ago, Kineticsteve said:

Never budget

Was three years ago, and the OP didn't confirm which route they had gone.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links