Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Yaris 2006 AUX Input HELP!

Zabrake

Hello!

I have spent today trying to install an aux socket for my Yaris 2006 model. (See pictures to know model type) and it's just not working. 

The first image is of the radio/audio system I have in my car, the second is of the rear of the stereo and the third is a package I bought off the internet to use as an aux adapter. Does anyone know of a way to make the aux slot work / what I need to purchase because in the small print of the box in the third picture it states it's 'not compatible with cd changer units' which I presume mine is being as it has a cd changer slot? Anyone know how to do this! 

10.jpg

Factory-Stereo-R-1501-detailed-image-2.jpg

51QzUIbMoBL._AC_UL320_SR248,320_.jpg

If you have plugged everything together and pressed the disk button, then your stereo is the CD changer version. Connects2 AUX adapter should work, but you found the answer on the box. The device may not be  compatible.  

The socket you plugged the aux interface into is the 12 pin (6+6) CD changer socket. I have always used USB memory sticks to play my music and use the following - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-USB-SD-AUX-MP3-Player-CD-changer-adapter-Toyota-Auris-Corolla-Yaris-2006-12-/121474706644?hash=item1c4874ecd4:g:lFYAAOSwcu5UUnGv

I use the slightly more expensive (£20 extra) Bluetooth version. The playback options are far better, and you can use the steering audio controls to change tracks and functions. The bluetooth version means phones will also work handsfree. 

See if you can return the Connects2 and buy this or similar. Tell the seller the device is not compatible. 

• 3 years later...

You can solder the two AUX cable to the in-R and -L of the radio. You can unplug one of the radio AM pin so you have less noise on the AM channel (while preserving FM radio). I did that and it works very well but you have to take apart the radio (which takes ~10 mins).