Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Front Bumper wheel arch screws

Barry W

Taking the front bumper off the wife's 07 plate aygo........everything ok apart from the wheel arch screws 

Are they philips, torx or do I just get behind them and pull them out.?Any assist would be appreciated as I have everything off bar the sides!

o

You can attack them with phillips or with a 10mm spanner or hex ratchet. Just be careful with the brackets above the wheel arches, as they're a bit fiddly. I snapped one off taking my bumper off. 

Many thanks for your reply Mick.

Further to posting on the Club, I scouted around the net, where it was suggested the wheel arch ones  are on plastic and are just pushed in.....or in this case I have to pull out!i

I have everything loose apart from these two little buggers on the sides! I wa going to use a flat headed screwdriver and just lever them out! ( watching the Brackets as you suggest!)

The one I snapped was really tight, and yeah there are plastic push out things but I don't know what they actually do because the bracket itself is holding it all together. Get yourself a strong bit of plastic and fiddle about with it, you'll see a clip and it'll let the bumper pop off.

If you break it though, even with the screws the bumper will look like it's hanging off. And to replace the bracket you need to take the light off etc, although they only cost about £13 each.

Had a further look, the screws in question are plastic, can I just get a flat bladed screw driver under the head and lever them out?