Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

thule roof rack

WendyLG

I bought the bits from halford to attach a Roofrack to my fixing mounts, that i believe I have well it doesn't seem to fit to me, so could you tell me please if this is a fixing mount please

This is what I see when i open the little hatches on the roof. The bit sticking up in the middle is where the kit is expecting a screw hole.

photo 1.JPG

Have you got a picture of the kit you bought from Halfords? I used to work there and that doesn't look like a normal screw fitment, to me that looks like flush railings on the car. what year avensis is it?

Edit: can you get a wider angle picture of the roof :) 

• Like 1

This is the Mk3 Tourer same as mine.

There has been two other posts regarding Mk3 Tourers and roof racks - and mine was one of them.

It seems that the Mk3 does not have roof rails like other estates, for roof bars. In the end, I have universal bars.    

it is a 2011 Estate. I don't have a picture of the kit but I have the instruction manual that says

"Thule XT Kit 3073"

"Toyota Avensis, 5-dr Estate, 09-"

I saw your thread Konrad (found it via google images)

If this is the case I am rather upset as I got it because the guy in the Toyota dealership, pointed to the Roof Rack hole things and made some comment. I knew I wanted a Roof Rack for bikes.

I sorted it, there was a bit that went over the whole hole and you could just center it over the screw hole so it all works fine.

• Like 1

:backofnet:

looking at the installation instructions that is what I reckoned but I didn't have the real world parts to hand to actually test. 

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 7/12/2016 at 9:10 PM, Heidfirst said:

Thank you for the info.

Today I installed these: Thule Kit 3073, Thule rapid system 753000 and Thule WingBar Evo 118 in my Avensis.

Best regards,

Francisco

IMG_20220207_164609.jpg

IMG_20220207_162132.jpg

IMG_20220207_162353.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links