Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

oil indicator on auris 2008 petrol 1.4vvti

Sidi Mohamed

hi friends 

I have Toyota Auris 2008 1.4 VVTi petrol  recently i figure out that there is no way to check the engine oil from dashboard

no oil OK or oil light when starting the vehicle , to check if the system is working i removed the plug for the oil pressure sensor  but no error showed in the dashboard  .

please any one can assist me .

Dipstick on the engine...

I was going to answer with "blown bulb" but I went and checked my Avensis Mk3, which has the Optronic display. 

There is no low oil pressure light!

Every other warning indicator illuminates for a brief period, but no low oil pressure. The manual confirms this, and says to check the dipstick regularly.

I do check the oil dipstick once a week, and never need to top up.  

There is the "master warning light" a caution sign surrounded by a triangle, that may come on with a message in the multi-information display. This might cover the low oil warning. 

thank you for your feed back , my only concern is that i removed the plug for the oil pressure sensor and the  "master warning light"  did not pop up , it is normal or maybe it has other sensor .

I think that the "oil maintenance required" message on an Avensis T27 may refer to level/pressure as well as quality/length since last service. Perhaps Devon Aygo could comment?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links