Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ant182's Toyota Sprint Series car

Ant182

Sr's all cleaned ready for another week👍 

IMG_0935.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well managed to get myself a 4-1 manifold for the sprint car hope to have it on soon. 

IMG_1004.JPG

what make is the manifold Steve? will you also be getting the car mapped?

3 hours ago, type_r_baby said:

what make is the manifold Steve? will you also be getting the car mapped?

No idea of the make, I got it off one of the lads in Germany (Yaris owners club) who used to have a car like mine before it was broken for parts. Can't map the car unless I get a stand alone ecu which is very expensive so all I'm going to do is put it on and see what happens. The standard ecu does have a tolerance to learn but not as much as I would like.  We will just see how it goes.

2 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Totally off topic (Sorry), Steve but I thought you might be interested in this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40497230

Billy Whizz is back behind the wheel!  :yahoo:

Thanks Neil, hadn't seen it!  so sent the young man a nice twitter message, he is a inspiration to all.

One wrapped 4-1 manifold and the cars so much more responsive and sounds a whole lot meaner too👍

IMG_1013.JPG

• 3 months later...

Well racing has now finished for 2017 and I finished 2nd in my group this year. Role on 2018.

IMG_0907.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Steve congrats on the year, is a really good result that! Hopefully you will not have withdrawal symptoms before the next season starts!

Any more plans for it before you race again?

• Like 1

Just seen this thread today due to the new activity - great thread! Car looks brilliant, especially the MK1 MX5 wheels. You talk about parts for French built Yaris' to be mostly custom made, are there not many off the shelf parts for French built (and do parts differ much from French built to Jap built Yaris'?)

• Like 1

Thanks for the support guys👍 Well I'm still in the process of sorting and painting my new garage ready for the car in my new house, before I bring it across country. Then I have a sit down meeting arranged with a car/engineering company local to my new home on what we can maybe do to the car to take it up another level. Due to the car being French made It has not being easy to improve it. The only off the shelf engine/power performance related  was my panel filter.  What I have worked out over the last 2 years with the differences between the Jap car to the French car are the engine and gearbox so the jap 1.3 looks like the 1.5Tsport engine and you can swap the gearboxes over. On the French car that can't be done as it's totally different. So a lot of the off the shelf parts for the Tsport can be put on the 1.3 but with maybe a little modding but the French setup is totally different. The French engine setup to me is very reminiscent of my old 1.2 8v Carb Nova with the air filter box being on top on the engine. In the meantime I'm off to play with my mk3 Yaris over the winter he he 👍😄

• 1 month later...

Managed to get my Car MOT'd today only advisory was one of the headlamps is starting to mist up so time to do a headlight restoration 👍 Not bad for an old bus. 

provisional calendar 07/04/18 Cadwell Park 19/05/18 Three Sisters 10/06/18 Blyton Park 08/07/18 Kendrew Barracks           19/08/18 Anglesey 02/09/18 Croft 27/10/18 Snetterton 300

if any of you Yaris/Toyota enthusiasts want to pop along its free to get in and have a look around it would be 👍 

all the best for Xmas and the New Year and hope to see you there.👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All, hope you all had good Xmas's and New Years, not much done really just general TLC and waiting for some good weather to give it a full valet before the season starts in April. 

Well managed to put my quick release bumper clicks on today. 

IMG_1700.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to give the Yaris a pre-season valet today. Bits still to do though. 

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1738.JPG

IMG_1739.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A First place for me today in the group E-Street/J16 in RD1 of the Toyota Sprint Series/Japanese Sprint Series, a great start to the season, also managed to beat some faster cars too 👍

IMG_1871.JPG

IMG_1873.JPG

IMG_1875.JPG

77790522-43D8-4FEB-ADC8-DC432291FF3B.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A First place for me in the group E-Street/J16 in RD2 of the Toyota Sprint Series/Japanese Sprint Series, a great 2nd round of the season, also managed to beat some faster cars too 👍

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

Rnd 2 was at 3 Sisters Wigan it was a really good little track 👍

IMG_2063.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

IMG_2058.JPG

IMG_2059.JPG

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of putting a set of those MX5 hollow spoke wheels on my gen 1 Yaris (they're spare from my dad having 2 MX5s and buying multiple sets of wheels). Did you have to do anything to make them fit? I've test fitted them (while on the jacks, they have no tyres yet) and they seem fine to me. I notice the wheel nuts aren't OE Yaris ones (maybe from an MX5?), are different wheel nuts required? Cheers :)

9 hours ago, MRichards said:

I'm thinking of putting a set of those MX5 hollow spoke wheels on my gen 1 Yaris (they're spare from my dad having 2 MX5s and buying multiple sets of wheels). Did you have to do anything to make them fit? I've test fitted them (while on the jacks, they have no tyres yet) and they seem fine to me. I notice the wheel nuts aren't OE Yaris ones (maybe from an MX5?), are different wheel nuts required? Cheers 🙂

The wheels went straight on no problem and I'm using the original nuts plus I took the locking nut off and replaced it with a Corolla nut off an E12. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice to get another article in my local paper just before we go to Croft in September 👍 Plus now I have my brakes fixed too. 

e90430c3-c516-449f-929c-765b7a255675.jpg

Thinking of selling the little blue rascal at the end of the season if anyone know anyone who may want to buy let me know 👍