Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ant182's Toyota Sprint Series car

Ant182

Well, after this first season with the Yaris its been all in all a good one very happy!

But now need to take stock and start making a list of parts that need to be replaced and rebuilt too.

Gearbox is shot now and the Radiator too and the car will go into the body shop to get it's TTE bumper on and repair the damage the last owners did to the car.

This will be all done over the next 6 months before the season starts again in April 2017.  

This is the article in our local paper.

Teesside racing drivers hit top gear in Toyota Sprint Series

Best mates Steven Allison and Matthew Tyson claimed a class win and runner-up spot

Acklam Toyota racer Matthew Tyson
Acklam Toyota racer Matthew Tyson

Teesside sprint motorsport stars Steven Allison and Matthew Tyson hit top gear to win a national title and runner-up trophy.

Allison, from Acklam and now living in Marske, sealed victory in the Toyota Sprint Series Class E-Street Championship at Snetteton in his new Toyota Yaris.

Best mate Tyson, who hails from Acklam, finished runner-up in the Class D-Street section at the same Norfolk circuit.

Allison first started taking part in the Toyota Sprint Series in 2012.

In 2015 he took a magnificent seven podium places as he finished second overall in the D-Street class for naturally aspirated cars up to 1.6 litre.

But he made a move into the E-Street class this year for vehicles up to 1350cc after investing in a new Toyota Yaris, and the switch has paid off after he finished top of the aggregate points chart.

“I was nervous going into the last round of the Sprint Series as I had never raced at Snetterton before,” Allison said.

Marske Toyota racer Steven Allison Marske Toyota racer Steven Allison

“The morning didn’t start very well as I span off the track on my practice run, ending up on the infield.

“I managed to gather myself together before the first timed runs started and from there was able to start with my first time of 2:03:73 and reduced it all day to a final time of 1:58:03.

“I’m so very pleased to win the 2016 Toyota Sprint Series Class E-Street Championship 2016.

“I would also like to thank some of my supporters this year who have helped me get this new car ready for the season, Track Torque Racing, Mechanic Alan Bolko, Matthew Tyson and girlfriend Lucy for all her help too this year, as well as Lumipix Clothing.”

Tyson has dominated Class D in the past in the green Toyota Corolla which doubles as his everyday road car, with his results including 10 consecutive class victories.

And although he was unable to post an overall win this year after being lightly raced due to budget and time restrictions since becoming a father, he was pleased to podium as what began as a grey day at Snetterton turned out to be a bright one results-wise.

Tyson said: “I posted a 1:56.24 on my first run and managed to finally clock a run of 1:54.31 which gave me second in class on the day, behind a much lighter car.

“I was really pleased with the result, and even more so when the organisers informed me that even though I only managed to race two rounds of this year’s championship, both my points and my pace in those events had gained me the 2016 Toyota Sprint Series Class D-Street runner Up trophy.”

Tyson joined Allison in thanking his backers and sponsors for making his success possible, and he is already hoping to compete more in 2017.

“I’ve have had some great help and support too from Track Torque Racing, Alan Bolko, SJ Autosport and fiancée Jacqueline at trackside,” he said.

He added: “I’m looking forward to next season’s racing, and will try to race as much as I can, maybe with my car a little lighter to keep up with the competition.”

Got an article on the local Toyota Dealers web site blog as well.

Probably our last article for 2016, and onto improving and repairing the cars for next year.

Is 2017 here yet!!! 

gaz1.jpg

gaz2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey Guy's a quick update, so after 2 weeks on Holiday in Scotland, awesome place to go visit and do xmas shopping.

So I was told we had very heavy rain and wind in Middlesbrough while we where away and I had stored the yaris away but the rain could still get to it.

On picking the car up I found the drivers side carpet soaked through and the windscreen soaked too, so it looks like the window seal has gone again as I had it resealed in the summer :( but on the upside I managed to get my new stainless back box fitted to the yaris finally. 

The Corolla was waiting at home for me and it started first time and the only thing was the tyres needed pumping up a bit, Happy Days and Toyota's are ace!!!!!

Got mine second hand off a civic and had it made to fit my yaris makes a nice nice noise too :)

th5251267541581SPOON-N1-RES.jpg

This Video show how Toyota make the WRC Engine, I wonder if they will lend me one for my yaris.

• 1 month later...

Little update,

Well the cars MOT has been done and no advisories, full check over and undersealed, replaced the radiator as its just a bit old.

Next up is the car bodywork ie new front bumper lower rear bumper part, reseal the windscreen and a good tidy up.   

• 4 weeks later...

Well dropped off the new body parts for Little Blue ready for the new season TTE front end rear lower panel. Car goes in the Body Shop 6th March. 

IMG_0618.JPG

• Like 1

Our race calendar is out for 2017 come along and join us or take part👍

IMG_0625.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got a article put on my local Toyota Dealerships blog today 👍

IMG_0654.JPG

• Like 2

How much did the bumpers set you back mate?

I might try and make Snetterton. See how broke I am after the wedding!

2 minutes ago, mickburkesnr said:

How much did the bumpers set you back mate?

I might try and make Snetterton. See how broke I am after the wedding!

£42 for the lower rear part (new) and £50 for the TTE front end of a guy (used)  :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

New TTE front fitted and rear bumper repaired so my Yaris is almost ready for its second season in the Toyota Sprint Series, just the gearbox to fix next.

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0733.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The gearbox is fixed new clutch and synchro for 2nd gear, and we are ready to go racing !!!!  

It's looking good

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So Blyton came and went and I ended up winning my group which was nice. Next up Croft on the 14th May. 

IMG_0780.JPG

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

not a bad read, congrats on winning the races though! do like the front end but it seems out of proportion with the side skirts and back end, any plans to change that? 

2 hours ago, type_r_baby said:

do like the front end but it seems out of proportion with the side skirts and back end, any plans to change that?

Doesn't have to look good, it just has to go fast! :P

• Like 1

Hi Guy's the bumper change was kinda forced on me as the person that owned the car before had badly damaged the front bumper and back bumper so I was really just tidying it up. If it had been ok I wouldn't have changed anything but the TTE bumper came up at a very good price so snapped it up. I didn't realise it was that wide until it went on so that was kind of an hhmm moment. No plans to add anything else as the car needs to be as light as possible due to it only being a 1.3.

I'm just going to run it now really apart from maintenance stuff.           

I used to have a spoon rep on my civic eg back in the day, absolutely loved it. Not too loud when cruising and then when you want go put your foot down it has a nice growl!

36 minutes ago, type_r_baby said:

I used to have a spoon rep on my civic eg back in the day, absolutely loved it. Not too loud when cruising and then when you want go put your foot down it has a nice growl!

I know what you mean, it's just right not OTT when driving, but like you say put your foot down and it growls.

• 3 weeks later...

For Billy Whizz!Got stickers for my Lid and Cars ready for Croft, get well soon fella👍

IMG_0854.JPG

• Like 2

Received another mention in the local rag last week👍

IMG_0871.JPG

Well got my rear brakes fixed yesterday after finding out after my first sprint that they were not working fully oops!!!

Ready now for next week the 2nd round at my local track at Croft.