Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ant182's Toyota Sprint Series car

Ant182

Well had a great day today started with lots of rain but after the 2 practice runs its was dry. Finished 2nd today and keeps me in the leads of my group championship.lost out by 0.47 of a second doh! 

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0888.JPG

you almost got 1st place, maybe if you would have skipped breky that morning you may have pipped 1st place!

• Like 2

Just now, type_r_baby said:

you almost got 1st place, maybe if you would have skipped breky that morning you may have pipped 1st place!

lol thanks Kaisar, did try things like that as well as every kg counts. I will find more from the car as I go through the season he he.

• 2 weeks later...

what brake setup and tyres you running Steve? pick mine up on Sunday hopefully

9 hours ago, type_r_baby said:

what brake setup and tyres you running Steve? pick mine up on Sunday hopefully

Running sports tyres and and mintex pads & discs and sports brake fluid.

6 hours ago, Ant182 said:

Running sports tyres and and mintex pads & discs and sports brake fluid.

How you rate the brakes? Was looking at getting ferrodo ds2500 pads with standard discs which was a decent combo in my civic days. Mintex 1144's were okay back then

13 hours ago, type_r_baby said:

How you rate the brakes? Was looking at getting ferrodo ds2500 pads with standard discs which was a decent combo in my civic days. Mintex 1144's were okay back then

Now then, well I've used green & Yellow stuff for my corolla and they were great but when I bought the Yaris plus having the corolla as my daily I though as it only have just under 100bhp there is no point spending loads on brake as it doesn't need them. And as though the mintex setup has never let me down as you need to carry the speed through the corners and never really need to brake. No point spending loads of money when there's no need too lol.

Here's a question.

I know you run coilovers on your Yaris, but what about the suspension rubber? Have you upgraded them to polyurathene? 

16 minutes ago, mickburkesnr said:

Here's a question.

I know you run coilovers on your Yaris, but what about the suspension rubber? Have you upgraded them to polyurathene? 

Yes I would love some of them bushes, and they will get put on but at the moment waiting until the old ones have gone the journey. will probably get them from the guy at GT4play who got me my coilovers.

• Like 1

Might hit them up myself for my Corolla. Will have the suspension pulled apart so thought while I'm there I might as well upgrade them.

1 minute ago, mickburkesnr said:

Might hit them up myself for my Corolla. Will have the suspension pulled apart so thought while I'm there I might as well upgrade them.

Had a full set on my old Vectra, well worth every penny, GT4 play man on FB will do you a good deal as he makes them himself.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ant182 said:

Now then, well I've used green & Yellow stuff for my corolla and they were great but when I bought the Yaris plus having the corolla as my daily I though as it only have just under 100bhp there is no point spending loads on brake as it doesn't need them. And as though the mintex setup has never let me down as you need to carry the speed through the corners and never really need to brake. No point spending loads of money when there's no need too lol.

Fair point mate. I was thinking of the ferrodo ds2500 but as you mention you don't really have a lot of horsepower so isn't really needed. Is it the mintex 1144's? Are you running track rubber or road rubber?

10 hours ago, type_r_baby said:

Fair point mate. I was thinking of the ferrodo ds2500 but as you mention you don't really have a lot of horsepower so isn't really needed. Is it the mintex 1144's? Are you running track rubber or road rubber?

Hi, yes it is the 1144's, because of the group I'm in I have to run road sports tyres, if I put on things like 888's or a track based tyre I will get put into the pro group which would not be good. In street we can run tyres such as T1R's things like that.  

50 minutes ago, Ant182 said:

Hi, yes it is the 1144's, because of the group I'm in I have to run road sports tyres, if I put on things like 888's or a track based tyre I will get put into the pro group which would not be good. In street we can run tyres such as T1R's things like that.  

oh right sweet, I will now not overkill my brakes and saves my pockets, As for tyres I was going to go AD08's as I loved them on my civic, currently run Rainsport 3's but dont think they will hold up on a track day as I plan to go the 'ring.. 

4 hours ago, type_r_baby said:

oh right sweet, I will now not overkill my brakes and saves my pockets, As for tyres I was going to go AD08's as I loved them on my civic, currently run Rainsport 3's but dont think they will hold up on a track day as I plan to go the 'ring.. 

Just for ref I have used the same tyres on my Yaris for 2 seasons now and their still going strong and that also includes driving the car to the track and back.

where do you get the mintex 1144's from? cant find them on fensport, demon tweeks or funky power! if them tyres are good enough for you then I may have to rethink blowing unnecessary money on it

2 minutes ago, type_r_baby said:

where do you get the mintex 1144's from? cant find them on fensport, demon tweeks or funky power! if them tyres are good enough for you then I may have to rethink blowing unnecessary money on it

My tyres are Toyo CF2 brilliant! And as for the pads my mechanic get then either from euro car parts or APN parts. I've also used Falken 912's or Hankook like 912's tread all good in the wet and in the dry will do a good well on cars with just over 100bhp. 

23 hours ago, Ant182 said:

My tyres are Toyo CF2 brilliant! And as for the pads my mechanic get then either from euro car parts or APN parts. I've also used Falken 912's or Hankook like 912's tread all good in the wet and in the dry will do a good well on cars with just over 100bhp. 

I will try them toyo tyres as for the price I cannot complain. I cannot seem to find them mintex pads on euro car parts

1 hour ago, type_r_baby said:

I will try them toyo tyres as for the price I cannot complain. I cannot seem to find them mintex pads on euro car parts

Now then, if you can't get the mintex try the Brembo's first or Pagid (all from Euro) I've used both on my sprint Yaris and Corolla and they where fine.

18 hours ago, Ant182 said:

Now then, if you can't get the mintex try the Brembo's first or Pagid (all from Euro) I've used both on my sprint Yaris and Corolla and they where fine.

cool thanks! have you ever been to the 'ring Steve?

2 minutes ago, type_r_baby said:

cool thanks! have you ever been to the 'ring Steve?

No but it is on the list of things to do.

I looked in to it when I did a tour of Europe, (well, everything from Stourbridge to Budapest) and your car insurance policy won't cover you for a trip around the ring. So if you do do it, you need separate insurance.

3 hours ago, Ant182 said:

No but it is on the list of things to do.

I plan to go next year maybe if theres enough interest could go as a group

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mickburkesnr said:

I looked in to it when I did a tour of Europe, (well, everything from Stourbridge to Budapest) and your car insurance policy won't cover you for a trip around the ring. So if you do do it, you need separate insurance.

I dont think theres any insurance that will cover you on the ring you just have to have deep pockets just in case you have some issue

38 minutes ago, type_r_baby said:

I dont think theres any insurance that will cover you on the ring you just have to have deep pockets just in case you have some issue

I think the Ring themselves offer insurance. There are other companies out there though that would as well.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links