Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2009 Avensis 2.0 D4D Expected Mpg

19mick87

Right so I have just done the pen and paper method for the first time since I bought the car as I wasnt impressed with the range im getting out of a full tank. (420 miles)

It worked out as 36.6 Mpg which cant be normal surely?

What should I be expecting to get and what could be causing this poor consumption.

The car received a full service from Toyota before purchase so all filters are new.

Also for range it said 0 miles but when I filled up could only manage to get 52 litres in, is the tank not supposed to be 60 litres?

20160713_172317.jpg

there are many variables in what mg you get - are you starting from cold or warm, are you doing short or long journeys, having to change gear a lot etc. etc. HonestJohn's RealMPG suggests around 48mpg on average for a 2009-2015 2.0 but the 2011 facelift got significant work on the 2.0D with claims of something like 12%+ improvement in mpg & we don't know what % of the RealMPG figures are submitted are from facelifts ... 

the tank is 60 litres but the computer range  doesn't count down to empty but to a reserve which is ~9 litres.

14 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

there are many variables in what mg you get - are you starting from cold or warm, are you doing short or long journeys, having to change gear a lot etc. etc. HonestJohn's RealMPG suggests around 48mpg on average for a 2009-2015 2.0 but the 2011 facelift got significant work on the 2.0D with claims of something like 12%+ improvement in mpg & we don't know what % of the RealMPG figures are submitted are from facelifts ... 

the tank is 60 litres but the computer range  doesn't count down to empty but to a reserve which is ~9 litres.

Mainly drive on B roads with a little motorway driving.

Should still be getting more than 36.6 mpg out of a diesel though.

Any Ideas? Clean Egr valve maybe.

I'm interested to see what other people think about. My mpgs come to similar result. Once I got 470 miles from mine only cause last 100 miles were done on motorway. Computer usually shows 36.6mpgs. On motorway when I reset the counter it goes up to 50mpgs on cruise control and speed about 70mph. Thanks!

Wysłane z mojego SM-N9005 przy użyciu Tapatalka

The more urban with stop starts & short journeys that you do the worse that you will get. I get  ~42-45mpg (depending upon winter/summer) in my 2.2 manual (which should get worse mpg than the 2.0 manual) with a probably 50:50 mix of urban & dual carriageway/motorway. That ties in fairly well with HonestJohn's RealMPG figure for my car.

Of course if you have an auto you will get worse mpg than a manual.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links