Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reclining rear seats

MetManMark

Morning all

Just doing done reading online. I think it is carbuyer and also which that have mentioned: rear seats can be reclined. Is this correct? Dies this also apply to the touring sport?I didn't notice this when we test drive one the other week.

Thanks! 

Mark

Certainly the first generation Auris had two positions for the rear seat backrest - one of which gave a more reclined angle, and which reduced boot space slightly. So this may have been carried forwards to the second generation.

Seems to be just the one "upright" position - on the pre-facelift TS anyway. 

I can confirm that in my Auris 2007 the rear seats have 2 positions.

• 1 month later...

Just watched carbuyer review 2012/13 newer design and there was no mention of reclining rear seats and pretty sure mine are also fixed too. Hope this  helps.

Just to clarify - all versions of the first generation Auris (2007-2012) had two position rear seats, and although the second generation is just a re-worked first generation and even retained the Type Approval from 2007, the two position rear seat wasn't carried forward to the second generation (Dec 2012 onwards).

• 4 years later...

Hi, first of all sorry for digging up this thread after 4+ years.

I own a 2008 Auris, and i'm confused about the correct rear seat position when i use a child seat (not ISOFIX, as i had an EP91 when i purchased the child seat).

Is it the more "upright" position, or the more reclined one?

The manual refers to using the first lock position - ie the more upright position

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply.

I have the manual but it is in Greek so i can't quote the specific article.

In all cases it says to fold down the seat's back while pressing the back angle regulation button. Then restore the seat's back and secure it in the first lock position as you said. I've read it but i wanted to be sure because it looks a bit odd with the space behind.

So that's it, thanks again.