Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Prius excel

thud

Hi,

I have recently acquired my prius excel and have a couple of questions that I hope you 2016 prius owners can answer for me.

Firstly I did not get a paper manual or service logbook and have been told by the dealer that Toyota don't do these any more as there is an e-manual (which I have access to) and service details are available in My Toyota.  Is this correct?

Secondly the sat nav software was out of date and I was advised by the dealer that when they were going to update it to the latest version (6.0.7 I think) that there is a bug in the new version that prevents traffic cameras being notified.  I am not worried about this so have asked them to update it anyway.  I don't want to use any of my 3 free updates for this as I should get the latest version from new.  Can anybody confirm they are correct about the bug?

Thanks

Mine came with a 200 page user guide. This is a stripped down version of the owner's manual. IMHO this is much more useable than the full manual(s), which you can still download from the Toyota website.

It comes in a wallet with assorted other bits of bumph, including the usual service book.

Your dealer has probably lost your wallet, and can't be bothered. Check with Toyota Customer Relations if you want to  check, they are probably capable of answering a simple question like that.:biggrin:

Thanks for the reply, what I expected.

iirc it's 3 years of free updates not 3 free updates.

I got the shortened version of the manual & a service book. I updated my Nav with the latest version and have no problems, it shows and indicates (beep) speed cameras ok. IMO your dealer is being a bit lazy. 

Update.

I have had the dealer update my satnav to the latest version, no problems there.

I got onto Toyota CS about the manuals and they confirmed that in an effort to be more 'environmentally friendly' they no longer provide paper manuals as it is available online but can be ordered if required. Seems like the dealer was correct.

Thanks to all who replied.