Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washer fluid sprayed like water gun

Gunnersjjang

My Yaris has one wiper blade with washer fluid nozzle.

When I trigger washer fluid to wash windscreen, it is sprayed to the left-hand side about 2 meter. It

could have hit if there were some people. From then, I have been operating it carefully with half power to spray

to only car.

Is it normal due to full wash fluid in the tank? or too sensitive so it need adjustment by dealer? 

Pop it into the dealer.

On some models the washer jet is fixed, but there are different jets available which change the angle of spray.

I find it better to switch on the wiper before operating the washer. It then gives the screen a good wash and not bystanders!

" but there are different jets available which change the angle of spray. "

Even for the one washer jet incorporated into the single wiper arm?

Mine is exactly the same and has been from day one. The fluid sprays, like a hose, everywhere except the blade/screen. As Scott has found, mostly to the left/nearside.

4 minutes ago, mrpj said:

" but there are different jets available which change the angle of spray. "

Rather than providing a partial quote (or misquote), it would have been better to include the whole which puts things into perspective -

"On some models the washer jet is fixed, but there are different jets available which change the angle of spray."

On 19/07/2016 at 0:13 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Pop it into the dealer.

On some models the washer jet is fixed, but there are different jets available which change the angle of spray.

I'll ask dealer during the service next year if it keeps feeling strange. Thanks.

On 19/07/2016 at 8:51 PM, eyemdee said:

I find it better to switch on the wiper before operating the washer. It then gives the screen a good wash and not bystanders!

Yes, it's much better according to your guide. Absolutely not to bystanders but still left-hand side of filler and tyre are soaked a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

[Update] Dealer checked and adjusted the angle of nozzle. Now the washer fluid is sprayed to windscreen properly. (-:

• 4 weeks later...

I found vehicle speed affects it quite significantly. At low speed it is OK, but if the wiper isn't moving at speeds in excess of about 40 MPH, then it can run down the left passenger window.

If too much water is used, it can run across the drivers side window, too. If like me you operate it with the window open forgetting the above... :blush: