Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hesitation?

Aidsy1

Hey guys, this is the first petrol car I have owned and have a few questions. When I am cruising usually at 30 or 40, the car seems to hesitate, while cruising I can feel the power drop off then kick back in any ideas what that could be? Also after driving for about half an hour or so, when I stop at lights occasionally the revs (for want of a better word) bounce between idle (~700 rpm) to about 1700, then back, and itll do this for a while. is this something to do with the evap canister purging, or something else. Any advice would be appreciated.

Try cleaning the maf sensor with the proper maf spray.also throttle body,pcv and run a decent injector cleaner like millers ecomax  (petrol).could be the evap canister if it's a strong petrol smell around it could be blocked? Also check throttle cable to see if it's slack or too tight and not letting it return to proper setting.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, I took the intake to bits (up to the manifold don't have a spare gasket) and cleaned it all. Took the injectors out, soaked them in cleaner then put them back. Took out sparks, checked gaps (all ok) put them back. Have sprayed manifold cleaner up to the butterfly valve (while it was apart) cleaned it and put it back. Changed filter. Not sure what else to check. She is still hesitating when cruising (admittedly when cold) is this normal for this car or should I look further and look at the fuel pump?

• 1 month later...

I would first check to see if fuel filter needs replacing. Whats the mileage on your car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links