Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

17''or Not 17''

starletcraig

ey up every1....

at the moment i got -40mm fensport springs on my starlet with standard speedline 15'' wheels.

i know someone who is sellin some 17''s with correct starlet offset, i am tryin to weigh up which will be better?

i know 17''s look the part but slow everythin down an they might catch with it bein so low?

on the other hand my 15''s are perfect for everyday drivin but poor looks wise..

what does every1 think!!!!! :)

craig :thumbsup:

I think 15"s look fine. 17"s are good too, but heard they are quite a bit of hassle. If you're prepared for the work to put in, get 17"s. But Im just gonna stick with 15"s coz I can't be bothered with the work. lol. ;)

I went for the mid point 16S cos thats the dilema that i had, my cousin wa selling his 17s but i didnt want to lose the acceleration, and 16s look pretty big under a small car, i just need to lower mine!! :thumbsup:

Nah straight on mate, plenty of room, im gona drop it bout 35-40mm depends on which springs i get :thumbsup:

Im just going to buy the 14" OEM alloys, and lower it 1". Im not going for looks, im just trying to get more acceleration out of it.Im taking out my backseats this week, it should help...in a way.

I have yaris wheels on mine which are 15s and i think it is a lot better now. when lowered it should be awesome. i wanted 17s but after listening ta what people on here had ta say i stuck with 15s. i know it aint the fastest car in the world but it is pretty nippy which is good. 17s will make things rather slow.but if ya wanna have 17s go for it yeah it will look smart. :thumbsup:

on the other hand my 15''s are perfect for everyday drivin but poor looks wise..

I heard that the inside tyres wear down a lot quicker with 17s.......

Hey :o

Who says 15" looks poor?! What you trying to say about my 15" rims!!! lol :lol: :D

Guess 15" looks fine on small cars, bigger motors it will then look poor.

ha ha i knew that would get people peed off sayin 15''s are poor! lol :thumbsup:

i like 15''s but just fancy a change u know how it is.

decisions decisions............

craig :thumbsup:

I suppose it depends on what look you are going for, if you want a mad look and aint too bothered about losing acceleration then go for the 17s, but if you want to keep the acceleration and shock people when you lace them off the lights then go for 15's mate :thumbsup:

Plus when you can get toyo TS1's in 195/50/15 for £31 quid each i'll stick with my 15's thanks

Thats so true starletsy! Im running 195/50 toyo t1-S's and the car handles well, im lookin forward to the handlin when i get my 35mm drop. Custom springs r on the way!!

is that a glanza conversion on ur starlet or is it an actualy glanza cos i was considerin buyin the glanza stuff an covertin mine cos they look well mean,but is it true id av to replace the bonnet,bumpers,and headlights at once? ne1 no sum gd places/sites?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links