Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm in for the LONG HAUL... :<)

tooSavvy

Can't argue with TomdeGuerre on that.

• Like 1

:balloon:... Weldathon complete... YaY :balloon:

Welded.jpg

.... sloshed down [now] with Hammerite BLACK Garagedoor paint. Got out of the garage at 7PM >> painting done by 'moonlight' lolzz

2sav

Piccies or it didn't happen.

Thought the car might turn out to be minty front and back with big hole in the middle.

Call it a Polo if that was the case.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TomdeGuerre said:

Piccies or it didn't happen.

Thought the car might turn out to be minty front and back with big hole in the middle.

Call it a Polo if that was the case.

Nope :happy:

Just this blott on the copybook... Good as New, M8.

2sav

Bit of an 'odd one'..?? When driving along on a country road, involving a bit of 'up/down/side to side' (as country lanes tend to be) I'm experiencing a perceptible 'shuffle' across the rear end - my first thought was soft tyres, but they are fine....

My thoughts are fixed on all the rubber bushings, in the lateral stays to the hubs. 25yr old but just 80k??

Have these Toyyos a history of looseness, at the back.. :(

2sav

I think rubber will perish with ages regardless of miles done. Might be an idea to swap them for the polyurethane bushes?

• Like 1

Googling 'rear bushes' throws up a lot of info....

Poly can go loose - fit original spec - don't replace trailing link bushes - bending mounting bracket to lever out sleeved bush.

12hr A SIDE.. !!!

Could be a sh1tload of hassle/garage ££ & no guarantee you have cured the correct fail (unless you do the lot). Hmmmmmmm :mellow:

2sav

BloomminnnEkkk.... NOT at work & Warm Sunshine [no rain!!] October SHOCK icon_razz.gif

And, finally, got the wheels on..........

Front1_Oct16.jpg

Front2_Oct16.jpg

Side_Oct16.jpg

Rear_Oct16.jpg

The 'Manchester Gangland' Stanced..Innitt icon_cool.gif

LowTyres_Oct16.jpg

.... because my wheels @£100 came with roadable tyres and I will run them for a while before new, but at the original diameters....

I had been worried about strut clearance [at the back] with 7" rim width >>  4x100 7x15 ET37 & 195/50x15 tyre >> however there are no problems and I can squeeze my little finger through the strut gap.. scientific, I know... and a few enthusiastic change of direction, on full lock, at the ASDA carpark hasn't thrown up catching on the front.. Win, Win.. :biggrin:

For a bag (<£1k).... I feel at home here icon_mrgreen.gif

2sav

Fixed a quote with Direct Line yesterday.

£250 excess, fully comp, restore to road if alloys stolen/damaged as new ( not all insurers would accept the car 'modified' with aftermarket wheels! ) = All in £200.

Classic insurance is loony quotes....

2sav

• 2 weeks later...

Got the insurance on the phone today.... All Paid UP !! :balloon:

2sav

7618476.jpg

My 'J Reg' Carina has TOYOTA on the grille..??

Anyone any idea of when the 'Logo' officially supplanted the 'Word' on the front of Toyota products?

2sav

Via some Webbie searching..... I discovered my wheels are 'OZ Polaris' style.

I cannot see them as currently for sale NEW, so old style then.

2sav

I think Toyota's of the early 90's were the first to carry the logo and not the word on the grill. Saying that it's a regional thing, as I swear I've seen a Land Crusier from the early 90's with Toyota written on it but I think it was an import.

• Like 1

Tax Disc sized ... to go in the corner of the screen :wink:

WillHoy.jpg

Track_Morph.jpg

Ohhh HELL YEAH!! :ph34r:

2sav

Hi there, lovely motor - keep up the great work!

Just in case you were ever in need of any parts, I have spares for these beauties :)

Cheers

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Corolla SR D-4D said:

Hi there, lovely motor - keep up the great work!

Just in case you were ever in need of any parts, I have spares for these beauties :)

Cheers

Thank you, very kindly :balloon:

The Gods were Smiling upon this 'spam can' as there are very few left, and even less in such a 'Barnacle Bill Free' condition.

Living a cherished life (low miles + must have been garaged all its life!) and being in 'balmy' Chester... sadly, I now park it in the street + Rusty Zone NE England salty roads :ohmy:.

Much 'fresh water' chassis irrigation planned for the next few months, then the Waxoyl loaded on.... I have read that 'environmental considerations' mean many drive thru Automatic Carwash sites 'reuse' the wash water = Lots of salt solution at this time of the year.

Same reason you shouldn't wash the car with Fairy (*other brands available) as they use salt to thicken the solution :wink:.

I really love the car.... Absolutely NO electronics.... Never thought I would be so fortunate.....:happy:

2sav

• 3 weeks later...

Having, as I do, a PRESS button in the drivers door control pad - to lock/unlock the doors - Has anyone cut into the loom to install a remote 'PLIPPER' >> enabling us to PLIP lock/unlock the doors..... without the key??

Kits are quite universal, on eBay >> but as ever - execution is never straightforward :wacko:

2sav

I see, from looking under the bonnet, an alarm has been installed...... Dead as a Kipper tho!

..... notwithstanding ....

I really miss the 'plip' lock on my previous SAVVY.

818uWaDzA8L._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00L6EFE3W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wiring seems fairly straightforward, mind :blink:

Toyota_CL_Diag3.jpg

Blue/White = triggers doors 'LOCK'

Blue/Yellow = triggers doors 'UNLOCK'

.... job for first fine/warmish/light day, methinkks :rolleyes:

2sav

Jeezzze.....

Postie knocked 8AM with the blimminn parcel = Kwik!!

2sav

• 3 weeks later...

Ooofff..!!

SDC10959.jpg

I think every question I could think of (.. plus some that might never occur to me) concerning 'how do you...' on the interior of my Saloon are covered here.

A: It is nice and warm, here in the bedroom on my PC

B: I would never, ever find a shell/stripped in a yard today to look at (in da cold!!)

http://www.e30owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22515

Pure Gold, M8... whoever you are/were..... :wink:

2sav

• 2 weeks later...

My 'factory' head unit [obviously] isn't USB Stick compatible.....

SO :-

Bluetooth-MP3-Player-FM-Transmitter-Car-

With the addittion of THIS ..

Universal-Car-font-b-Cassette-b-font-MP3

..... should have me Bopping along 2 my Favve traxxx :<)

2sav

.... & the 'cassette adapter' dropped thru the letterbox earlier :biggrin: The Player-on-a-Stick I have had for some time.....:wink:

When I'm next in the car, I will give this set-up a whizz....

2sav

Nope..... Tape player is running/selectable (radio crackles) but not a sound comes out on 'tape'.

FF/RW also working.

I have tried an ordinary tape too... :mellow:

OK... Dash front off & head binning/swap for Stick capable unit.

Search fleebay for 'socket/plug adaptor' so I wont have to carve up the power/lighting/speaker loom :wink:

2sav

• Like 1

I've never had any long term success with those FM Transmitter things. What I ended up doing was sourcing a cheap Sony head unit for my Corolla. At the moment it works, but it was a stop gap solution really as I want to get hold of either a Kenwood or Pioneer head unit and kit the car out with matching Speakers.

But yeah, you're better off replacing the head unit to be honest. Would be quicker and cheaper and would sound much better.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mickburkesnr said:

I've never had any long term success with those FM Transmitter things. What I ended up doing was sourcing a cheap Sony head unit for my Corolla. At the moment it works, but it was a stop gap solution really as I want to get hold of either a Kenwood or Pioneer head unit and kit the car out with matching speakers.

But yeah, you're better off replacing the head unit to be honest. Would be quicker and cheaper and would sound much better.

Agreed... no idea why the 'tape head' is off :unsure:.

I snagged a loom Plug Adapter, for Toyyo loom (£3.99 delivered) and will solder up the rats nest hanging out of my 'been on the shelf forever...' AIWA.

HeadUnit_AIWA.jpg

AIWA CT-R430MYZ

.... just need to crack [sic] off the fascia here....

HeadUnit_Tosh.jpg

.... and slot it in. It has the 3.5 jack, for 'AUX' input, on the detachable faceplate & my Player-on-a-Stick plays a thumbstick... No Problem :wink:

2sav