Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm in for the LONG HAUL... :<)

tooSavvy

Mustard Mitt my 'Bendy Ben phone/USB' ticks all my boxes...

Just unplug from ciggy socket & stuff into dash locker.

2sav

Oooff! QuickKwids...

Plates_Ally.jpg

... sunny this weekend :biggrin:

2sav

Fitted plates, don't look 2bad to me :sleep:

Frontplate.jpg
Rearplate.jpg

2sav

I noticed, last night, when reverse parking up to our neighbours car, that I seemed to have a brake light out.....

SWMBO jumped out and comfirmed the worst.

Today, such a beautiful day!!, I popped the rear lamp assy off to swap the bulb... and noticed condensation in the 'orange' flasher zone [no moisture in the 'red' brake/stop].

I removed the two bulbholders, unclipped the loom and brought the lamp assy into the house. Grabbed SWMBOs hair drier.... lashed it (upside down) to a chair leg and force fed a HotOne in, through the lampholder hole.... about 20 minutes had the lens looking nice and clear :biggrin:

Slapped it all together again + new bulb... all fine now.

*nearly forgot = Reverse light has been out since I got the car.... Just a duff bulb >> SORTED (just clips straight in, under the boot lid.. no unscrewing of anything) :wink:

2sav

Where did you get the number plates from? 

• Like 1

I'm quite taken by this....

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/grease/halfords-silicone-lubricant-400ml

Halfords 400ml Silicone Glass Lube @ £3.99

WindowFixxa.jpg

Anyone used this, or an equivalent? I need to stop my drivers leccy window from groaning as it hits the top 1" and slots fully home.

2sav

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from a 500 mile sojourn about West Cumbria/Carlisle based.

Totally boring [err..car wise!] Weather? a bit on the damp side, as you might expect over an Easter holiday.

IMG_20170416_145934.jpg

A soggy Rheged Discovery centre - Easter Sunday

... didn't buy an alarmingly high amount of pezz, either. :laugh:

Luvvin dat Car!

2sav

Odd Fault.... :sad: ... no, really!

I had a drivers side rear stop/tail bulb fail. Replaced it but the sidelights were coming on when the brake pedal was down....

Swapped to another bulb & now all sorted.

Must be an internal short, in the bulb?... In Daa Bin!!

2sav

..... a very occasional 'top-up' :ph34r:

Petrol_27Apr_17.jpg

2sav

Hmmm... I have downloaded a 'reset/learning' routine button action - script, for the 'MoonRoof' :mellow:

Seems it can learn it's exact cycle/stop position.

When I drop the 'tilt' it is cull-umpping into closed >> so I guess it is a smidge away from dropping cleanly through the roof hole :ohmy:

..... We Will See .....

2sav

On 5/4/2017 at 8:17 PM, tooSavvy said:

Hmmm... I have downloaded a 'reset/learning' routine button action - script, for the 'MoonRoof' :mellow:

Seems it can learn it's exact cycle/stop position.

When I drop the 'tilt' it is cull-umpping into closed >> so I guess it is a smidge away from dropping cleanly through the roof hole :ohmy:

..... We Will See .....

2sav

No.... '91 Carina 'Moonroof' is a simple power switch controlled operation. Keeps going in whatever direction until you take your finger off, with a clutch slip set-up to protect the drive motor.

Looks like I may have to slather some light grease on the sliders/lift mech to see if it is 'notchy/noisy' rather than actually catching anywhere :unsure:

2sav

Sunny & warm thismorning..... so.....

SunRoof_Greased.jpg

This is a light grease, it sprays from the can and 'fizzes', before resetting as a sort of vaseline.

I sprayyed it into the cap and smeared it, wherever needed, using the brush (it came out of a Far Eastern smartphone screen repair kit!!).

The whole mech was very dry and a bit dusty.... lathering the grease along the slides/into the spiral drive cables will have done a bit of good :cool:

:sad:....sadly, though, the glass is STILL 'cul-umpping' into the dropped position. I soaked the outer edge of the roof felt seal with Silicone lube, too!

THIS MAY HELP...!!!

https://www.yotatech.com/attachments/f2/99940d1412360699-sunroof-cable-replacement-writeup-adju.pdf

I smeared Silicone lube onto the drivers door window rubbers.... the glass has been creaking up the last inch/into the seal surround... Fixed it YaY :balloon:

2sav

That's good news bud, but you might want to revise the word you used to describe the smartphone screen kit mate. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mickburkesnr said:

That's good news bud, but you might want to revise the word you used to describe the smartphone screen kit mate. 

Aye... Well... I don't have 'edit' on my post?

*after your posts are answered - can you edit an earlier one?

2sav

* note I have edited this as it is my LAST post on this topic & unanswered....

** note I am editing this[x2] and it IS answered >> but cannot edit any other... odd...

34 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

Aye... Well... I don't have 'edit' on my post?

2sav

You know what, I just went to edit my post and just realised you can't. Very weird, I thought we could edit our own posts.

Someone will change it I'm sure.

• Like 1

Post edited as requested - sorry for the delay, due to my being on holiday on Skye and we've been out for a walk today.

• Like 3

You don't need to apologise Frosty; I think you are easily the hardest working person on this site! I'm glad you've managed to get in a well deserved holiday!! :)

• Like 1

Out of curiosity why can't we edit our own posts? Not a complaint, just curious :)

Also whenever you do get back to the Midlands can you bring whatever rain Scotland has to offer? It's hotter than Rome in Birmingham at the moment!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mickburkesnr said:

Out of curiosity why can't we edit our own posts? Not a complaint, just curious.

It may be to stop 'angry / leavers' going through the forum and deleting = & putting a full stop . in their post....

Has happened :wacko:

2sav

2 hours ago, mickburkesnr said:

Out of curiosity why can't we edit our own posts? Not a complaint, just curious :)

Also whenever you do get back to the Midlands can you bring whatever rain Scotland has to offer? It's hotter than Rome in Birmingham at the moment!

Have made an enquiry to ask whether any change has taken place.

We've been on Skye since 29th April, and the first rain we've had were a couple of minor showers yesterday (not enough to have the wipers past intermittent), so there is nothing to bring back as yet.

Had a reply. Members can edit their own posts within a certain timeframe of first posting. This prevents posts being altered and affecting the context of replies.

Mods can edit at any time, so if something needs to be changed after the above timeframe has expired, the post can be changed by dropping a mod a personal message.

I also use Honest John occasionally, and that site is the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Just dropped a quick order into Amazon......

3x Litres  Comma SXGL41L 1L SX75W-90 GL-4 Semi-Synthetic Gear Oil @ £8.61 postfree   2.5L for our MT5 trannie.

This Amsoil and Redline (that gets put about over on ToyotaNation) is available.... but GAHH!! £££ :ohmy:

This is GL-4... and this is important (so it says....) :huh:

We Will See.....

2sav

16 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

Just dropped a quick order into Amazon......

3x Litres  Comma SXGL41L 1L SX75W-90 GL-4 Semi-Synthetic Gear Oil @ £8.61 postfree   2.5L for our MT5 trannie.

This Amsoil and Redline (that gets put about over on ToyotaNation) is available.... but GAHH!! £££ :ohmy:

This is GL-4... and this is important (so it says....) :huh:

We Will See.....

2sav

....... Oopsss... Cancelled that order / reordered @ £7.44 free :cool:

2sav

Is yours an auto or a manual?

I ask because in my local motor factors they've promoted the Lucas oil additives for gearboxes and engines. They even provide you with a demonstration, 6 cogs 3 on top of each other, one has normal oil and the other has the lucas additive, and the cogs with the lucas stuff have the oil stick on to them better.

But I've never heard of anyone actually use them. You could put the stuff in the gearbox and see how you get on?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links