Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm in for the LONG HAUL... :<)

tooSavvy

Manual 5sp.....

The change is a bit cranky TBH.... I have learned to CRUSH the carpet, with the clutch pedal, for 100% disengagement/non-graunch changes :wacko:

It was said it has had a clutch... so probably lost all the trans oil.

I think Toyota recommend something like 40K/4 yr for changes.... that being said then 26Yr and 84K !!

2sav

ZooM !! ZooM !! :ohmy: .....

3 bottles here thismorning = 2 days delivery !!

It would have taken longer to walk to a local factor [who might not have price matched] :unsure:

Of course it is now pouring down (only do work in my back lane).... BHol >> ofcourse :angry:

2sav

• 2 weeks later...

Nope.... Not changed yet >> Still bloominn Raining!

Popped into my Poundland a scored a long, crinkly neck funnel to get the thing filled up, after :tongue:

2sav

CarlisleBreak_June17.jpg

Just relaxing.... after a bit 'pootle about' around the Lakes....

2weeks ago

2sav

Over on ToyotaNation I have been getting some odd observations... like my car isn't a Camry (5 lug wheels) & isn't a Corolla (4 lug wheels) = obviously its a Carina [Corona worldwide]. Seems my old crock doesn't fit! :argue:

The 1986 US Toyota Celica GT coupe (ST161) changed to front-wheel drive, utilizing the Toyota "T" platform associated with the Toyota Corona (AT171).

1280px-Toyota_Celica_Coup%C3%A9_GT.jpg

Rearplate.jpg

My Carina 2 is a 'T' car.... AT171 ..... so thats OK then?

Reckon they would recognise the Celica..... :huh:

2sav

• 3 weeks later...

My 60th today :laugh: ... Yanks a throwing a huge party!

Celebratory cruise mebbies... In the rain!

2sav

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

See I always thought the 4th July was the American's celebrating liberation from Britain. But it turns out they just really like you!

Happy birthday bud.

• Like 1

Visited Lidl yesterday and scored two tins of their highly regarded BAUFIX paint.

1 tin of Anthracite & 1 of Silver.

df16a6d497664846bbe56de5dea58754206530ec

Spending some of my birthday Amazon card I also popped for 4x Tins of this:-

31F0B-1q+zL._AC_UL600_SR360,600_.jpg

£23 delivered, and arrived at 11AM thismorning.... couldn't have walked to the shop sooner!!

That will be sill ends sprayed up (Anthracite might be just the job for them) and a good slosh INSIDE too! :wink:

..... if it ever stops raining

2sav

• 2 weeks later...

Well..... I'll admit it!

My handy local garage will be refilling my tranny on Thursday AM. I cannot be ubikd with rolling around under the car, wrestling with recalcitrant drain plugs + having foul smelling tranny oil run up my sleeve....:wacko:

I will give them my 3x1L bottles of GL4 and just wait outside >> first job up the 4post.

2sav

Left it outside at 08:27..... 25 mins tops!!  ;-)

35651310040_31be39ff47_m.jpg

@£20 !! (my own oil)

Beats the hell out of gravel rash... AND some fairly intense windy gun action on something or other... mebbies the undertray... that would have meant even more hassles  :?

Winnah

2sav

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

Beats the hell out of gravel rash

As you know mine is up on stands surrounded by gravel. I can tell you that gravel rash isn't fun!

• Like 1

Where (what else/similar fit/profile??) do I get one of these wings....? :tongue:

f49131486178ebcb6795f8cd78ac264f9c49844e

CoolEst

0313608585006.jpg?689ab5396b347cb8cfde1b

.... and why does the Toyota Carina Liftback 16V GLi have 5stud wheels...??

2sav

... as if to answer my own question, some diligent Webbiemining has found this.....

For Sale, on Amazon:-

ABS 15990 Brake Discs - (Box contains 2 discs)

AND, fitting compatibility has this:-

L/R 15990 TOYOTA CARINA II (#T17#) (1987-1992) 2.0-16V Rear, L/R 15990 TOYOTA CARINA II (#T17#) (1987-1992) 2.0-16V Rear, L/R 15990 TOYOTA CARINA II Sedan (#T17#) (1987-1992) 2.0-16V Rear

So, it would appear the 2.0 car got the camry set-up.... :cool:

2sav

One of the happy by-products of Toyota ownership is the lack of urgency, concerning day - to - day tinkering....

Today, after a quick oil dip/check, I decided a splash was due... I have not had the top off the engine in all the year I have had it :smile:

Unscrewing the 4AF filler was exciting... It comes out like the stopper in a hot water bottle... and you can see the twin screw gears, for the twin cam/single belt drive.

The first thought that came to me was 'sparkling shiny clean!' :tongue: .... I couldn't help but imagine it looking exactly like the inside of a Tuna can, in oil, after you fork the fish out.. GLEAMING!!

And on the subject of oil.... My gearchange quality has been transformed by the new GL4 :cool:. I don't know if it was too low or too old... Sorted proppa now!

Gudd Gudd

2sav

Just the other night, going through a local McD drive-thru, the pimply yoof taking the cash was full of praise for the 'auld crate' and complimenting me on "aye, you have the alloys [pokes head out of booth, earnest scour round] well nice, cool!"

Hmmmm....

2sav

.... just on 52 Weeks with my Chariot of Understatement :artist:

35390573544_8c7b61df76_b.jpg

I'm looking forward to further years of, errrm, uninterrupted fiscal/mechanical harmony... :laugh:

2sav

35501051203_835f5d9f3f_z.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh :balloon:

* logo is 'Toyota of Much Mintyness' copyrighted

2sav

• Like 1

I'm having a quick break near Preston, just as a base for runs out to the surrounding area/places of interest. Will try to resist Blackpool :blink:

I needed something to hold my phone, as I am using SatNav to find my way around the area.

I bought this...

36210739621_d12404d1ed_c.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VV3PVO0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cracking value @ £2.99 Delivered !!

2sav

Very useful mate, are you having a holiday?

• Like 1

I'm away week after next....

I asked, over on A$, '20 things to do in Preston?'. I got loads of places/eateries/drives out suggested :laugh:

Need to use my phone as a SatNav to find these places...

2sav

• Like 1

This is an interesting topic... don't know if it has been highlighted in the Celica Section?

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=343568

t25bf.jpg

My Carina 2blank.gif has the same brakes as this Celica ST-182 ( I have cross checked the build spec for both the single pot Caliper + Carrier)

The Avensis parts are likely to be megga cheep.... absolutely every yard has a dead Avensis (and no one cares about the brakes anyhow!) Both calipers have a piston Dia of 57MM.

I would have to scare up some 4 stud discs... and perhaps adjust disc or caliper height location +/- , for centrality.

I'm considering giving it a bash..... :balloon:

2sav

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your whip is looking well I must say

• Like 1

Home just now, had a gr8 stay away....

Based in Preston (had to be somewhere!) but actually just to be able to go out in the local countryside and do visits/see sights.

36692326385_bfb91d32c3_o.jpg

Clitheroe... lovely place!

35859256463_b43532f0b0_o.jpg36533789091_e4fbef398c_o.jpg

35859237433_ccbb25deb8_o.jpg

Lovely place for a walk about and go on the pier (you can see Blackpool Tower from here... as close I want to get!)

36525788971_008b3aa2f7_o.jpg

Skipton Castle, the young granddaughter had a ball scampering about with the 'find the hidden whatever...' booklet :balloon:

Oh!.. The CAR? ....... Boring - Boring - Boring - refuel (repeat) :cool:

35928354423_c7c46b1aae_o.jpg

.... here resting on our way home, at Burton-in-Kendal M6 Services Moto :wink:

I LOVE MY TOYOTA

2sav

Nice pics, I can tell you really enjoy it! My friend was rolling in one as well few years ago, very stable and fun to drive car. Cheers

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links