Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm in for the LONG HAUL... :<)

tooSavvy

Looking good. I hadn't heard of this mate,  but having read your posts I did do some reading on the product and it certainly looks good, I can think of a few other handy uses for it in the workshop too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wedgehog said:

Looking good. I hadn't heard of this mate,  but having read your posts I did do some reading on the product and it certainly looks good, I can think of a few other handy uses for it in the workshop too.

.... There are lots of 'building site adhesives' - stick smoke to jelly, guaranteed! - that are super strong.

Some engine 'hotters', of course, want No-Give but are also doing SlingShot burnouts :blink: ... Not quite what I have in mind :wink:

I believe if you can buy brand new (orig quality) replacement mounts - and happy at the price - then stock is best.

I happen to have an old/used REAR bush - age cracks obvious - and can't find a Toyota stock part @sensible money :mellow:. Filling with a tough but giving filler is, I reckon, a good fix in the situation.

As I will have the old ones now, after the refit, I could source JUST the rubber blocks and have them pressed in... Not an option as it is..

Will report back >>> All those Loony 9k pilots can't be wrong :ph34r:

2sav

On 08/04/2018 at 1:34 PM, wedgehog said:

Dbbl post :(

I have booked this job into my local MOT guy, 9AM next Wednesday.

I'm going to wait in the office as it shouldn't be more than 45 minutes :wink:

Go Go Goooo !

2sav

How did it go?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wedgehog said:

How did it go?

.... ask me again, in a WEEK lol

2sav

Ahhhh that next Wednesday :laugh:

Have you seen my post in ?

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/183068-camry-motorised-headlight-removal/?tab=comments#comment-1470163

No one speaks to me in there :unsure:

:mellow:

Since getting this car I have had an intermittent issue with wet carpet in the passenger front footwell.
Usually after a solid wet period the carpet would be soggy and some newspaper would be needed under the thick 'PROTON' rubber mat. [Used to own a 1.5 MPi]

Webbie searching threw up windscreen seal shrinkage or sunroof drains.... Ahhh :cool: !

After watching Yanks cleaning drain pipes, with 'weed wakka' string, I thought I'd have a look-see...

*note - need dry sunny day / dream on.. lol

Dry sunny morning today....

Took sill flash cover and lower carpet corner trim off.

Reached into void and my finger touched the roof drain plastic pipe... Somewhat alarmingly, it rattled & waved about and I'm sure it is meant to be long enough to be positioned loosely [through the sill section/hole] into the empty space below.

TUBE IS TOO SHORT!

26576951107_0326eb13d2_c.jpg

B737EC9E-B6E8-4A4F-A409-DD72D8CED3B4.jpg

I inserted the above, a polypipe insert, and only pushed it 1/4 way in - very tight fit luckily - and now the extended pipe end is stuck down and fully through the factory sill hole!

40733927054_ffafcf3585_c.jpg

Pouring water into the sunroof drain tray and it's running out of the sill bottom...

I poured water into the Drivers side (never a problem) and it came out that side sill too! 

Will check over the next week or so.... Rainagain Sunday !

2sav

Whoah! good catch mate, I wasn't as lucky as you, when I had water on the floor of the Carina, it turned out to be a rusty hole near the base of the windscreen. I had to have the windscreen taken out and then welded a new bit in and had the screen put back again, cost me a fortune :wub:

• Sad 1

.... this is my 'Proper Leak' now.... :balloon:

26598453767_2908cd2fd0.jpg

2sav

It chucked it down, last night...

My blue-towel paper, in the footwell? BONE DRY !!

WhooPeeee.... :band:

2sav

• Like 1

Job done YaY :biggrin:

The lad at the garage reckoned it was 'just a straightforward bolt job'... Much windy sockets + cross member dropping meant it was good I took it into the garage ...

.... now when I power on/off I get the Noddy Dog effect >> before it was like a shunty thump/associated engine rattling.

I have only driven 2 miles but, at the lights, I felt the very slightest vibration through the wheel, on tickover.

This is a 'reinforced/modded' mount now but the one that came off was in two pieces so I reckon the engine has been 'not clamped down' for a while so no-vibes is not a valid comparison.

2hrs = £70... But I'm much happier, so an 'investment' really.

2sav

Excellent, I would say well worth it mate, and well done on finding that short vent pipe, I am sure I would never have thought of that.

• Thanks 1

Over the last 10days I have heard a very slight 'bacon slicer machine' noise, when making a right - more so on those damn mini-rbts!!

I have had a look-see (benefit of slender spoke alloys!) and see a bright spot... tracing around the extreme outer edge/rust ring on the disc :ohmy:.

On closer inspection, my pads are like beermats!! = the slider is so far into the disc the slight runout of my bearings is amplifying the touch :unsure:....

Discs + pads for the Weekend, methinks!

2sav

Have your pads got the spring steel wear indicators on them, it's they that make the noise when the pads need changing

• Thanks 1

..... We will soon know, cheers Bob :wink:.

2sav

26886740807_470cb958ba_c.jpg

:biggrin: 1st Class Service [2nd class post!]

Just doing pads... Discs look good to go again.

2sav

Good man, and did it have the wear squealers? Little spring clips that clip on the pads, the pointy end hits the disk when the pad wears down?

Gahhhhhhh..... :mellow:

The previous fitter has 'whangged up tight' the 12MM caliper/slider bolts and one won't come out/is rounding!

I have done the N/S alright, just the O/S which is stuck - ordered some Torx sockets off Amazon [tomorrow in locker] so I can get a grip of the bolt head on the flat side - not the points.

Will report back.....

2sav

.......... YaY :tongue:

41802195751_776b0ce95a_c.jpg

E18 is a *dead-fit onto the 12MM bolt. Turned straight out :ohmy: and both are very rusty... Smeared 3-in-1 over the shanks/threads before reassembling.

*Metrinch sockets cost a fortune - an E18 does for 12mm, suits me!

Very happy bunny.

2sav

• Like 2

Nice one mate. I always re assemble with copper grease on all the threads, taking care not to get any near the pads or disks.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2018 at 6:24 PM, PaulinhoT said:

A nice set, and I love buying tools :D

Yes, well, actually.....

Browsing Amazon the other day I spied a 0-25 Micrometer for £4.99 Delivered !! :ohmy:

41tuOyvfiAL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Checked the feedback.... Overwhelmingly 'good for jobbing but wouldn't use to build a spacerocket'.. lol

Just dropped thru the letterbox this morning >> Its "right grand, tis!" :balloon:

2sav

• Like 1