Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm in for the LONG HAUL... :<)

tooSavvy

Speakers in.... The cloth covering on the 'speaker lids' was tatty and a few holes.... That got stripped off!

I abandoned the plate, to secure the lids, so they are now stuck in with hi-tack foam tape.

All in All 👍

2sav

They look alright, look forward to more updates 😄

• Like 1

I was messing about under the car yesterday, looking into a 'futtah futtah futtah' from the back box area... My DIY clamping (for the T4 box) was letting a bit out 😞

.... however I still had 'futta futta' coming from the front - easier to hear now.

My front pipe was new, from ATS a while back, and so I popped in thismorning just after opening time for a check >>> ooops!

The flexi is completely broken.... WARRANTY REPAIR .... YaY 😁

They will text me when the part is instock to fit.

2sav

Oh that's good if it can be done under warranty 😄 result.

• Thanks 1

My exhaust guy says there wasn't a Carina II pipe in the country  🤔 (I had first one fail 'faulty welds', this is the second - failed flexi.. so likely cleared the shelf .. lol) and one has been made to order!

Due into depot thisafternoon but B Hol rush means unlikely fitting till Tuesday....

2sav

So a custom exhaust 😄 shocked nobody had one.

L8 noose..

Original stockist NLS, but didn't inform my ATS guy!

A bit of WebbieMining has unearthed an alternative source (Klarius is the ATS default) and it is en route 'up the country'... 🚀

We Will See

2sav

You should've treated your Carina to a stainless steel exhaust 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mickburkesnr said:

You should've treated your Carina to a stainless steel exhaust 😉

*IF*  I were to splurge on a fabbed ex manifold, then a 'custom' snake would be on the cards.... With the T4 glasser I'm happy with splashing out only £35 + clamps 😉

2sav

• Like 1

Buzzed my guy @ATS...

Seems it has been sent to ATS 'central depot' and is coming, overnight, to the Darkest NE.

..... TF! ..... I'm beginning to sound like TractorPull 😵

2sav

I bet it actually sounds awesome 😄 😄

...... Sat 3PM ..... :naughty:

That is all....

2sav

• Like 1

Well..... This >>

47979791283_3de5b98a5c_c.jpg

There are supposed to be olive rings to fit recess in manifold....

.... added to the break in the flexi coupling expliains how my cabin has stunk of fumes, getting progressively stronger + louder 😵

Muchho improvemento

2sav

I bought a B&D 'as new' drill stand and then got a chinkkie cheappo Silverline 4" drilling vice.

All good... but the vice was rough! I scraped the ways (under the moving jaw) to finess the jaw action but the 'wobbly bob' lever/handle is a right pain!

48012559913_68380a16d4_c.jpg

48012538456_43ea27391b_c.jpg

48012554818_389c558947_c.jpg

As seen here, I bought a handwheel - drilled it to fit - removed the crank handle (but it slots in for extra leverage) and now I'm happy with using this set up.

2sav

Looks like a good set up you have 😄 do you restore tools ?

Restore? ... No ... I buy the cheapest tat on eBay, then 'finesse' them until they are usable.

Actually buying old 'bootsale' quality/worn out kit and then refurbing... too much hassle m8

2sav

• Like 1

Fair enough, I just wondered as it seems to be an "in" thing at the moment, and I would love to earn any extra income for car parts 😄 😄 😄

• Like 1

When I got set up, in the drill stand, I noticed a bad wobble in the chuck spindle... The B&D drill has plain brass bearings so no adjustment options. The 2-Speed controller switch was duff, meaning I only had Hi-Speed.

A trip to Wilko sorted me out with 850W Hammer/Infinite speed select, Reverse + 13MM chuck @£35.. Very fair, I reckon.

48020627667_cf9d6f74df_c.jpg

48020631752_b91f359ea5_c.jpg

Some 'tech mods' have been required to fit it into the B&D drill stand (which is virtually unused 'vintage' lol)... But I'm happy with it and look forward to many years of Quality - Perpendicular - Perforations.

2sav

• Like 1

Looking nice, look forward to some pictures of things with holes in them 😄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ooof! Big Numbers Day 🎱

48097273566_ffeaa320c9_c.jpg

2sav

• Like 2

Interesting to know if your drill set up has any wobble? And good mileage on the old girl pal!

• Like 1

The drill is a tight fit in the B&D jaws... Modified to the drill collar dia. This screw both locates the drill positively against rotating but aligns the spindle to vertical... Top Banana!

48031282692_08f8dca66e_c.jpg

I wonder what the brand-new owner was thinking of when the OldGirl hit 13miles......

2sav

A small nick/puncture into the foamy vinyl doorcard, just under the r/n/s window, has been bugging me since I got the car...

However... I haven't done anything really about it.

A child passenger succeeded in making it a tear.... Bu99erations! 😞

PI-3646.jpg

..... we will see what Poundlands Finest can do to resolve my predicament ....

2sav

• Like 1