Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm in for the LONG HAUL... :<)

tooSavvy

48693892802_5e045c303b_z.jpg

48693386043_ae960e5e32_z.jpg

The great bunch of lads @ATS Wallsend have now completed the exhaust fix..... After 2hours on with the Oxy bottles replacing 3 studs + nuts the whole job was Free Of Charge!

2sav

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PaulinhoT said:

A great result then 😄

..... A tray of Budweiser will be furnished on Monday. Thirsty work, gassing + looking up!! 😵

2sav

• Like 1

I'm due an oil change, based on 12months driving (around 6k).

501820017-A.jpg

CarParts4Less @£3.06 delivered. 🎱

Hardly worth the fuel to travel to get one cash!!

2sav

• Like 1

Postman Pat 'bingg bongged' with my filter....

Now, just need a dry day (oil picked up on Tesco offer) 😉

2sav

48764088931_0e0fb672b1_z.jpg

Oil change sorted, sprayed the wiperarms matteblack, spraygreased the servo cables on the sunroof.

I cut the undertray at the last oilchange, makes oil filter much easier to get at!. But it makes the plastic tray flop down into sight.... So.... A piece of soft alloy plate, folded over the tray edge, crimped and with an upcurve bend = no tray sightings!

48763760828_bce951ed1f_z.jpg

Bit of titivation of my arch edges...

48764082691_16a805ec7d_z.jpg

Finally... I sprayed all the pipes and bracketry at the rear & sprayed the inside arch lips + along the lower sill edge and floor margin. Super easy to use this aerosol [stood in bright sunlight for 20mins... Nice and Warm!].

11.4 out of 10.... YaY 

10087.jpg

2sav

• Like 1

Yes.... The 'Wax-Oil' <no relation!> smells just like WD-40. I stood the tin in direct sunlight until it got hot! Gets the pressure/blasting way up, too!

It is a genuine 'shipbuilders swear by it!' Industrial metal preservative....

When it dries off it is effectively invisible.... White spirit will remove any overspray, onto bodywork, which might attract dirt and look smudgy.. [as one Detailer to another lol]

2sav

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2019 at 9:22 AM, tooSavvy said:

MOT 08:30 tomorrow......

2sav

..... and no surprises there, then 👍

2sav

..... further to my 'wheelarch titivation'.....

I tried a search locally for a cheap tin, matching the Toyota 182 blue. This caught my eye in theRange @£4.99

48875431351_e8d109397c.jpg

Vx Metroblue_metallic

It'll do just fine 4me

2sav

• 2 weeks later...

That Time Of The Year.... again

Fully Comp @£207....  That makes 3 years straight and about a fiver variation overall. I'm happy to stay with DirectLine

2sav

• Like 1

Here we all are again <no, not insurance!>

.... Got to run the dash clock 'all the way round' as we want to 'lose an hour' but digits can only be 'pipped' forward 😞

Ha ha

2sav

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, PaulinhoT said:

Are you buying it ?

Err.... Not at those prices! 😵

2sav

• Haha 1

For the first time in forever.... I had one of the grandkids sitting behind me + wanting the window opened! That window hasn't moved since I got the car...

She couldn't find 'her' window switch in the halflight so I swiped my master switch and ... Swoosh ... We're down!

Imagine my embarrasment when it wouldn't ... Swoosh ... back UP!!

I hopped out and, reaching through my window, I flicked 'UP' and pulled on the glass... It somewhat reluctantly buzzed upward to fully closed.

A judicious squirt around the slider guides, with Halfrauds Silicone Lube, and a dozen up/downs has everything tip-top once more.....

2sav

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Started getting the 'kdink kdonk' of exhaust touching rear crossmember AGAIN ....

The whole 'ensemble' is tightly U-clamped but, when the centre pipe was replaced, everything got yankked about and this has resulted in some movement.

Oh.... For a welder! I could have lashed up my backbox pipework and blazzed it solid - fit n forget!!  Instead, I spent a chilly 1/2hr lying in the lane [up on the ramps] retightening bracketry whilst pushing the system up..... Silence restored

2sav

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links