Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm in for the LONG HAUL... :<)

tooSavvy

Attempted to refit new/modded part but I couldnt get the 'slot in' end to fit.... resorted to Pro-Mech measures - fettled with 'extreme prejudice'  :wink:

37708586545_597d72e084_c.jpg

..... straight in/do up screw/ IGN 'On'... & whoosh (in 4 different flavours) :cool:

37708582385_c60a117aef_c.jpg

Happy man

2sav

• 1 month later...

My n/s wiper had split the entire length of the blade - I can only assume it was frozen on and I have moved the arms :ohmy:

Bought two new, from Andrew Page, QH 19" n/s & 22" o/s and all for a fiver :wink:

Normal viewing restored.....

2sav

• 2 weeks later...

I had two little nails 'plugged' in the NSR tyre, done when I got the front Exhaust replaced.

Yesterday, I had the third slow puncture (a chipboard screw) plugged and was told "that's yerr lot, m8!" - next time tyre is SCRAP! :ohmy:

ATS are very good and advised me, statistically, the NSR on any car is most likely to be 'nailed/screwed'.... Front tyre flicks it up and the rear catches it :wacko:.

The tyre guy observed, wryly, swapping my wheels across the back might make 'tyre roulette' a safer bet!

Bu99er !! :ph34r::ph34r:

2sav

Thanks for posting the heater resistor pack photos.  Over the years, I've read about various cars (especially a certain model of Vauxhall) having resistor pack problems/catching fire , but never had to replace one myself, nor seen one in the flesh.  Well done finding an equivalent and showing us how it's done :smile:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Notoyboy said:

Thanks for posting the heater resistor pack photos.  Over the years, I've read about various cars (especially a certain model of Vauxhall) having resistor pack problems/catching fire , but never had to replace one myself, nor seen one in the flesh.  Well done finding an equivalent and showing us how it's done :smile:

Well thanks :smile:

...... Never spend £10 if you get by with 5!!

My car, before this Carina II, was a Proton SAVVY - hence tag - and during the time I owned it/modded it from 2007 there were no parts known to Factors = Stealer supply + £££ only :ohmy:

I studied parts info from Malaysia and soon discovered equivalents for wheel bearings/discs/ball joint/pads & shoes etc.

The engine is a Clio 1.2 16V so all parts there were simple enough :wink:

Always looking to save, that's me...

* just a quickkie - a lad had a Savv fail the MOT for lower ball joint wear. Dealer part only [whole bottom arm £xxx] & back order/non in country :unsure:  >> I knew that the joint would unbolt and a Vx Tigra joint was a match. £8 and he didn't have to go to work on the bus for 3 months :biggrin:

2sav

• 2 weeks later...

Many years ago I had a mint B&D drill stand, just the job!

I 'loaned it' to a guy in a local motor club... We never crossed paths again = that was last I saw of it :mellow: !

Today I hit the 'glummtree', on a mission :wink: 2buy1...

One popped up, nearby.....

28189334919_37172a0ba0_c.jpg

This picture best shows the condition of it = just out of the box!!

£20 - that is trez good value :ph34r:

Very happy bunny tonight

2sav

• 2 weeks later...

hee hee, I remember those, Amazing to find one in that condition now John

• Like 1

38491146850_64d0ecb4a9_c.jpg

...... The 'auld girl' chilling in the carpark@PizzaHut, J27 retail Leeds.

I took the piccie without the folks in it knowing...

Enjoying our week away :biggrin:

2sav

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently started to get an 'eek- squeak' very sharply, from the steering wheel when turning it.

I allow the wheel to freely self-centre in a carpark, so I'm not levering on it, but it will still squeak...

Its not all the time... Not at the same point of turn...

Do these have a 'top bush' that gets dry? Or is it a part of the plastic 'turn stalk' gubbins/self cancel which has worn??

Spraying a blast of 'silicone lube' (I have it for window slides/door seals) likely to help.. :unsure:

2sav

Hi John, not sure how yours is laid out mate, have a look in your w.s. manual. I would take the cover off and spray some WD40 in there if it was mine.

• Like 1

Just lately, when cranking to start, the engine - firing up/always first turn :wink: - is giving massive 'rokka rokka rokka' rocking upon firing up !

Do I have an option to 'ghetto fix' the engine bushes ???

I hear 'injecting window silicone/blanking boards' will fill 'holes/void tears'... :smile:...

Anyone done a 'fix outta da toob' silicone void bodge?... Or, alas, am I destined to be the first :unsure:

2sav

^^^^ further to above...

I have discovered the Engine Mounts are fabricated 'hollow' = a steel sleeved rubber bush is pressed in, so I have got Mick's Garage looking to provide a price point for either:-

Both Whole N.O.S. mount >> OR >> source 1each of the bushes.

Bushes are around 14euro :wink:

We Will See...

2sav

Micks were'nt able to help.....

Seems that I can substitute BluePrint ADT380166 for my FRONT mounting.

The actual 'press-fit' solid rubber bush is the same dimensions so, if the bracket doesn't line up, then we should be able to swap the bush inner.. :cool:

All Good FUN... :laugh:

2sav

Did you get it mate? All fitted now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wedgehog said:

Did you get it mate? All fitted now?

Err.. NO :unsure:

1st supplier of Fr Mount, after I paid Paypal, "Oops sorry we don't have that!"... 24hr delay for refund... Bought one in Germany >> Arriving Saturday :biggrin:

My old mukka KevStarlet - of replacement grille fame - is sending me the other 3 mounts off his 'breaker 1.6'. He reckons they are uncracked/v good nick. He has sent me some photos.

As I need this done earliest I'm putting the car into my MOT guy. I will get them to replace the gearbox mount too >> I get a mighty whack on right turns/pothole which I reckon is the Gbox hitting the chassis :ohmy: ... As KS is sending them all I might as well do it.

Top mount/drivers side looks OK.

Will put up some piccies when I get it back next week/booked in.

I am keeping all the old ones to look at 'window fix poly filling'... Might sell on.

2sav

Ok mate, look forward to the pics. I MOT'd the Camry last week and he put on the advisory that an inner boot was "Damaged but not letting dirt in" I have yet to get under it and see what the hell that means, but I must get on it next week. I spent hours today trying to find the correct boots for it , finally got some coming from Germany.

Tell you what I do need if you should know anyone breaking a Camry, I need the front disk back plate dust covers, mine are falling apart from rust.

KevStarlet has got the couriers collecting my 3x Engine Mounts today.

As they are a 'slow time' component - car isn't off the road - then I will examine filling the voids on the REAR Mount with 3M-Window Weld.

The mounts are (I think) originals so, even if they look as good as new, they will be over 25yr old..... Rubber likely a bit past it by now :huh:

Will post-up all the action, either way.....

2sav

My Mounts arrived safely thismorning. The REAR bush is complete (un torn) but - of course - looks a bit tired :mellow:

I'm going to see whereabouts I can source the 'goo' and try strengthening before it is fitted >> can't do any harm!!

2sav

40982674752_7f4d70dd63_c.jpg

£16.90 and I collected it locally.

The SAAB9000 guys put this in their 'top dog-bone' engine stay.

I won't be putting a vid up... There are plenty!

But I will report on the finished job when it is in the car :wink:

2sav

As it was the first decent/warm/dry day for a month!!

27173457438_92915b54e9_c.jpg

26174355107_d57a2ebafa_c.jpg

40151840585_4208132321_c.jpg

I made sure the adhesive was smeared onto the inner surfaces before forcing the bulk into the gaps.. This should give maximum grip ;)

7 days in the warm cupboard, for full curing, and then off to the garage for fitting.

The upper & gbox mounts will be fitted sometime in the future .

2sav

Good luck mate, hope it works ok

14 minutes ago, wedgehog said:

Good luck mate, hope it works ok

Cheer's m8

Any amount of Utoobz showing it being done :cool:

..... and a few guys reporting feel/vibration/longevity so they seem to be a worthwhile mod.

The REAR secondhand is not broken but shows (in photo) cracks and 'age sag'... Wouldn't fit on the 'off chance' >> this cures to 60Shore hard - not rock solid + close to the original bushing.

Giving it the week to cure as it takes much longer as a Blob rather than a Bead.... :wink:

2sav

Just a quick update... A week+ has passed.

Tried pressing the injected 'goo' with my thumbnail and it is as hard as the original factory rubber bush. :cool:

I will sort out the garage next week... I feel we're on a Winnah...

2sav

My brand new Blueprint FRONT mount..

40555172844_3252acf19c_c.jpg

You can see here how the 3M 5200 bead runs around the extreme edge.

The mount is spherical, like a doggy ball, but very lightly secured in the steel ring at its edge >> now it is more like a do-nut, there is a matching bead on the other side :wink:

2sav

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links