Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking noise while turning left.

anthonyk2010

I have an 09 avensis, last few months I have this knocking sound from the left wheel when I turn left.

Mechanic has looked at it twice and ruled out CV joint, wheel bearing and track arm. He cant put his finger on what it could be.
Buddy of mine who's a big petrol head thinks the brake disk (which have a nice step on them) and the calipers could be the problem. Also while looking at it tonight noticed the two screws at the front of the hub that lock disk in place are missing.

Any ideas ?

9 hours ago, anthonyk2010 said:

I have an 09 avensis, last few months I have this knocking sound from the left wheel when I turn left.

Buddy of mine who's a big petrol head thinks the brake disk (which have a nice step on them) and the calipers could be the problem. Also while looking at it tonight noticed the two screws at the front of the hub that lock disk in place are missing.

I've had rattly (front) brakes on two T25 and one T27 Avensis, caused by worn caliper slider pins.  It's more of a light rattle than a clunk tho, and most evident going over slightly rough ground rather than specifically when cornering.  See if your noise goes away when pressing the brake.

Missing disc retaining screws won't cause any problems or rattles since the disc is sandwiched tightly between the hub and the wheel once tye wheel is fitted.

I was also told to check the top mount bearing as well. When I'm driving straight no sound and the second I turn left it starts knocking.

when I braked yesterday it sounded very rough. I pulled up, took of the wheel to check and found nothing, put the wheel back on and rough sound was gone, gradually the knocking sound came back but the rough sound didn't.