Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seek Yaris Verso 2000 repair manual

evalon

Hi Toyota forums,

I hope one of you here may be able to help with this :wink:

As it is I have just bought a Toyota Yaris Verso 2000 model (a fine car I think!) and would like to find a preferably detailed service manual/repair manual for this car. I'm particularly looking for information about oil change, filter changes (oil, air, ventilation etc.), service intervals (and what to do/replace at a given service), how the fuel line is set up (it has a very slight smell of gasoline) - but overall how the car is made and how to repair different (not central) parts.

I have made contact with a mechanic that will do any major repairs (I hope none :happy:) but intend to do the more accessible repairs/services myself. 

I've searched Haynes and found this one:

https://haynes.co.uk/catalog/car-manuals/car-repair-manuals/toyota/toyota-yaris-petrol-99-05-t-05

Maybe I can use it for the major parts of the car ... i.e. the "normal" non-verso car is very similar to the Verso version except for the different exterior car body? Or maybe there's a better manual?

Thanks for any help :smile:

Cheers,

Jesper Mønsted

Hi. try e-bay. Car parts, Toyota, drop down to Manuals and Literature. I managed to find one on C.D. PDF version, covering up to 2009 (not Hybrid)

Hi ... 

Hi. try e-bay. Car parts, Toyota, drop down to Manuals and Literature. I managed to find one on C.D. PDF version, covering up to 2009 (not Hybrid)

Thanks for the tip but I've tried to search a couple of times and can't find anything ... So unless someone else here has a better suggestion on a service/repair manual for a Yaris Verso 2000 1.3 petrol car I think I'll go with the Haynes manual for the standard Yaris version and then see if I can elaborate from there ... 

Possibly if one of you know if there are differences to the engine or mechanics that would be very helpful - thanks.

BTW - I lowered the rear seats into the floor this afternoon and I'm very impressed with the fit and functionality of this. My particular car is not new but I hope it will show up to be in good mechanical health - in which case I'll be very, very satisfied with having bought exactly this car type :happy:

Cheers,

Jesper  

Some of the Funcargo/Verso stuff is close to the regular Yaris; the 1NZ/2NZ gas engines, the 1ND-TV diesel engine, the transmissions fitted (C150 and C153), etc. These are also shared with the Toyota Echo/Yaris Sedan, Scion xB/Toyota bB etc so any service manual here will be fine.

The chassis stuff will obviously be different from the regular Yaris to the Funcargo, and also the suspension stuff. The Verso is closer to the Toyota bB and iST than it is to the regular Yaris, I have found many part numbers being the same on for instance the iST and bB and the Funcargo.

If you need any guidance to anything, feel free to ask me.. My daily driver, currently at 170k miles.
20140910_143534.jpg

Hi eiriksmil ... thanks for your feedback ... BTW given the age and mileage of your car it looks remarkably new to my eyes ;-)

If you need any guidance to anything, feel free to ask me..

That is a very fine offer but before asking I think that what I need first is a "guide" to how to approach service on the car ... It typically works best for me when I can read and study a subject first and then get an overview of what to do & how to do it. So I will buy the Haynes Service/repair manual for the regular Yaris and then take it from there. Referencing your words here:

On 23/8/2016 at 9:28 AM, eiriksmil said:

so any service manual here will be fine.

On 23/8/2016 at 9:28 AM, eiriksmil said:

The chassis stuff will obviously be different from the regular Yaris to the Funcargo, and also the suspension stuff. The Verso is closer to the Toyota bB and iST than it is to the regular Yaris, I have found many part numbers being the same on for instance the iST and bB and the Funcargo.

That's good information yet possibly a bit beyond the scope of maintenance/repair I intend to do. I have made contact with a mechanic with some experience in repairing Toyota Yaris models and I will let him do any major repairs .. He has a lift and tools etc. and so this is the feasible way for me. On the other hand I will attend to regular and minor services like replacing oils, filters, spark plugs etc. ... 

So in a first round I'll study a bit myself and then I'd be very pleased to be able to ask you questions in case there's something I can't sort out :happy: Hope that's ok ...

Cheers to you,

Jesper