Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New car E11 1.6 G6

DanialA11

Back in a corolla again and it's a g6 to my suprise it's a 1.6 g6, originally when I seen it I thought all g6's where 1.3 however this is a 1.6 soo yhh, anyway it's more or less fully standard to the genuine cassete player only mods being 17" OZ superlegera alloys and not sure if standard g6r front lip and a 3 point fromt upper strut brace, 116000 miles on the clock with full service history 3 owners. here's some pictures will get better ones another time. anyone confirm how many 1.6 g6 where made as this is the 1st one iv ever seen.

FB_IMG_1471216020012_zpslpgs3ai2.jpg

FB_IMG_1471216013800_zpsv0cjjryi.jpg

FB_IMG_1471216011437_zps7u6sgq4y.jpg

• Like 1

Thought the G6 were 1.3 and the G6R were 1.6.

Only thing I could find was this website saying how many are left on the road:

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/toyota_corolla_g6#!engine

So there are about 35 1.6 G6's left on the road, and you probably got one of them. No wrapping this around any tress now y'hear? ;)

9 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Thought the G6 were 1.3 and the G6R were 1.6.

that's what I thought till I come accross this so just snapped it up as it was a steal, 

3 hours ago, mickburkesnr said:

Only thing I could find was this website saying how many are left on the road:

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/toyota_corolla_g6#!engine

So there are about 35 1.6 G6's left on the road, and you probably got one of them. No wrapping this around any tress now y'hear? ;)

ill try, the handling is all over the place to be honest need to get it on a lazer allingment ramp and see what's going on.

• 2 weeks later...

just a small update, went and bought some corolla T sport 16 inch alloys with tyres and Oz will be removed and for sale, cars currently off the road.

Wow, I'm jealous. Bar far any away my favourite shape of Corolla - used to love watching them blast round in the WRC.

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 6:46 PM, SanaYusuf said:

Looks nice, how much are you looking for the 17's?

I have them up on eBay for £350 collected, 4 new matching tyres all round which have covered little to no millage. will be removed ready for sale in the next day or two,

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 7:14 PM, Cookeh said:

Wow, I'm jealous. Bar far any away my favourite shape of Corolla - used to love watching them blast round in the WRC.

thanks for the kind words, I'm unsure weather I will be keeping it as so far it's parked at a relatives house since purchase however I will be changing the wheels sorting new brake fluid and getting the allingment done and then I will decide what to do.

36 minutes ago, DanialA11 said:

thanks for the kind words, I'm unsure weather I will be keeping it as so far it's parked at a relatives house since purchase however I will be changing the wheels sorting new brake fluid and getting the allingment done and then I will decide what to do.

Why is it parked up since you bought it? Is it a non-runner?

nope it's running fine, just so many cars at home and only 2 drivers so parked it up and sorned it to tax at the start of next month, as I bought it on the 15th and had already had taxed a few motors didn't make sence to tax this half way threw the month + gave me time to get some alloys as I never liked 17's on a e11. so I can change alloys and get the allignemnet done at once

2 hours ago, mickburkesnr said:

Why is it parked up since you bought it? Is it a non-runner?

The oz alloys have been removed and sold for asking price, car has got Corolla T sport e12 alloys onit now will be taxed tommorow and on the road, think I will be keeping it will get pictures up tommorow.

Here's some pictures for you guys, some damage on the passanger side which has been touched up by previous owner however on the lookout for a wing in same colour to keep originality, moved the car from family house to a friends drive way closer to home. Still need 4 wheel laser allingment as the car feels all over the place so that's the next priority

Got a Cone k&n filter ready to go on when I get a chance not taxed yet however will defiantly be keeping, could someone confirm the bottle next to the brake fluid is clutch fluid ? Also the strut brace and front lip would that be factory.

20160903_170815.jpg

20160903_170831.jpg

20160903_170825.jpg

20160903_170732.jpg

Edited by DanialA11
add more text

Looks very good. the front wings must take a lot of punishment because the previous owner of my Corolla damaged it in a similar place. I haven't the budget to get a new wing so I'm going to have to strip it back and fill it in. Mine's the cheap old white colour, not metallic, so hopefully I can pull it off.

One question about your K&N Cone, have you used one before? Has it made a noticeable difference to the performance?

I used this exact one on all my previous Corollas, as the adapter that I got it with was a perfect fit for the corolla when the top of the stock airbox is removed, it gives it a nice deep induction sound and personally felt more responsive, to be honest I only put it on for the sound and I recon it helps it breath better, if you are looking on getting one any cone filter will do my mate has a track AE82 with a £10 eBay filter and the job perfect. also on the e11 don't remove the complete airbox jus the top and the panel filter leave the bottom there for the filter to sit in. 60mm is the size of the intake pipe

Thanks for the tip. Can I ask why you'd leave the old air box in there? Is it just so the cone has something to attach to?

well I left it in so the cone does not just hang off the intake pipe but rather sit on the box causing less strain on the pipe, and secondly the bottom of the standard airbox does have a factory air duct attached to it so more cold air flow from outside less heat soak maybe ? + easier to refit standard when removing :P

Got you! I'm going to get this done on my Corolla I think either this month or next as it's a fairly cheap job.

had one and would still have it to this day only insurance here in ireland wont insure cars older than 12 years unless ur willing to pay 4500. lovely car mate

21 minutes ago, Nauxcorolla said:

had one and would still have it to this day only insurance here in ireland wont insure cars older than 12 years unless ur willing to pay 4500. lovely car mate

that's mental that is, so what happens to the cars over 12 years for people who carnt insure them sell them ***** cheap ? is there actually people who pay that price? didn't tax the car then left it parked at my mates house. might just leave it there for a while untill I sell one of the others.

Edited by DanialA11

1 hour ago, DanialA11 said:

that's mental that is, so what happens to the cars over 12 years for people who carnt insure them sell them ***** cheap ? is there actually people who pay that price? didn't tax the car then left it parked at my mates house. might just leave it there for a while untill I sell one of the others.

Friend of mine said they want to ban cars older than 15 years old from the roads in Ireland, so no doubt this is just a ploy to get the cars off the road quicker.

3 hours ago, mickburkesnr said:

Friend of mine said they want to ban cars older than 15 years old from the roads in Ireland, so no doubt this is just a ploy to get the cars off the road quicker.

that's a real shame, I don't mind bring them over here if there goodens always wanted to get a car over from Ireland seen a few nice ones just never bit the bullet but will keep an eye out

It is a massive shame. My friend's from Cork and he was saying all of the locals are still going around in cars from the late 1980's and have no intention of getting rid of them. Same with some of my family over there too. My one cousin bought a Mazda 6 from new 12 years ago and he's still driving it because it still works and has never given him trouble. It's a ridiculous situation over there really.

I'm going over in a months time so I might try and go to a scrap yard, see if there's anything I can get for my Corolla while I'm there. Assuming of course the parts will be mega cheap as there won't be any 15+ year old cars to fit spare parts to!

some people do pay it ya. its a discrace because 90% of the older cars cause leaa problems than the new onea