Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Struggling to sell my prius

cookci

Help I'm really struggling to sell my car....

Its absolutely the best condition 59 plate I have seen and I have just bought a car which is 2 years newer in much worse condition. Do you think its overpriced? Any tips for selling?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201608076570455?search-target=usedcars&make=toyota&model=prius&radius=1&sort=default&postcode=sk102bj&page=1&body-type=hatchback&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&logcode=p&adPos=2

How did you determine the price? Did you get a valuation from someone like Glass's or CAP?

Looking on Autotrader there are a couple of similar Prius T-Spirits for £6,995 (one a 10 reg (40K) and one a 59 reg (54K)).

So is yours over-priced?

Everything has a price, I just clicked your link and thought wow! I certainly think you are looking for too much. Prius sell very well to the Uber/Taxi market if at the right price, you should not have trouble selling it

In the pictures it's an 09 not 59, I didn't think the Gen 3 was out then (09) ?

It must be  one of the first new ones.

Point taken so ive dropped to 8400.

Looking around though it appears the white ones are all advertised for more money... i also got duped into thinking it was worth more as a company called trusted car buyer offered a "guaranteed 8700" but it turns out they look at the market again on the appointment so wouldnt actually give me that 

Ive had another search and its the cheapest white one under 60k miles within 200 miles of me.

Also seems to fit in with the other t4  facelists now.

Are you not comparing it to the none face lift models for 7k?

Seem to have a good chunk of views overnight so id say thats helping!

There are a few 09 plate gen3 Prii about.  The gen3 was available from July 2009 so July and August ones would be 09 rather than 59.

Yes they were gen 3 Prius advertised for £7K.

The flaw with comparing it with other current adverts may be whether they are realistically priced.

The company that offered £8700 originally, revisited the market and dropped their offer - so is their revised offer more indicative of current values than adverts?

This is why it may be worth paying £3.50 to get an independent online valuation from someone like CAP or Glass's.

Your price seems to be comparable with dealer prices for the same year and mileage. Even though it's probably the best out there, I don't think you'll sell it very quickly at £8400, people would rather buy from a dealer if paying that price with the dealer warranty etc. One sold on eBay for £7100, same year same mileage, so if you want to sell it quickly you may have to drop it some more. If you're in no rush then stick to your guns, I'm sure someone somewhere will be willing to pay top price for a top car if it's as good as you say it is.

When I was buying about seven months ago the t spirits were selling like hotcakes- literally couldn't ring the sellers quick enough for the well priced ones. T3s and t4s were hanging around. Personally I was looking for a private sale as I don't like buying from dealers, and would have been happy with a t4 but think I was in the minority with that one. Price seems ok to me so might just need to be a bit more patient.

Just as a general observation, the 4th photo (view in at the driver's door), doesn't make the interior look very good. 

The problem may be as simple as needing to brush the upholstery all in the same direction, but a suspicious viewer might think the seats were unpleasantly stained. 

I'd try and get better photos of the interior, photos that make it look as good as you claim! 

Oh, and your car cleaning kit seems to be visible in some of the photos! :wink:

Excellent point which i hadnt noticed. The seats are perfect so i need to brush them all in the correct direction :)

Starting to think buying privately is a better idea also as they the car i just bought has a few nasty bits which they have tried to cover up.

Whats the difference with the t spirit?