Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

X-touch Samsung Galaxy S6

StCabbage

Hello and thanks for the answer.

Imagine that my car is on version 820 (I have to check that) there is any difference / improvement to update to 840?

There is any risk of the firmware brick the system?

What accessories do I need to connect my iPhone?

Can I use Waze on it for example?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

18 hours ago, BrunoN said:

Hello and thanks for the answer.

Imagine that my car is on version 820 (I have to check that) there is any difference / improvement to update to 840?

There is any risk of the firmware brick the system?

What accessories do I need to connect my iPhone?

Can I use Waze on it for example?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Version 820 is the highest available for dealer/customer update at present, versions:

830 is an update for a software fault in the Dutch market

840 is introduced along with a new camera unit to give reverse guide lines.

newer cars will have these versions but as they offer no upgrades for older units they are not available for update. As long as you follow the instructions and do not skip update versions there should be no reason to brick the system

The iPhone needs a special lead available from your local dealer, I have not tried using an iPhone so cannot offer any guidance as to what apps will or will not be compatible 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys the links are dead.

My car just had it's 2 year service and they said there's no update for X-touch despite how much I argued with them.

Does anyone have the zip file to the 820 update? Or know how to get hold of it?

The links in Devon Aygo's post of 22/08/16 still work for me.

As I said in another thread, I have mentioned X-touch updates to my dealership and just been given blank stares. As in, "Uh... what updates? Never heard of that...." As for stuff like screen mirroring, well, forget that! Toyota have!

Also - if you somehow got hold of an update to the software, would you really want to install it yourself? How would you do that? I wouldn't want to do it!

The links are working now!

Updated my v.705 to 820, all looks good. 

I've been unable to get mirrorlink to work so far, I have a Moto X Play so it might not work.

I'm going to do more research. 

• 6 months later...

I have a AYGO built on july 2016 cant get my Samsung s6 to connect seems to go through motions but wont let me turn on connect usb to car icon just greyed out on phone..So nothing happens should this car have mirrorlink 1.1 on it and any ideas why wont connect.

9 minutes ago, grahamthegasman said:

I have a AYGO built on july 2016 cant get my samsung s6 to connect seems to go through motions but wont let me turn on connect usb to car icon just greyed out on phone..So nothing happens should this car have mirrorlink 1.1 on it and any ideas why wont connect.

Hi Graham. The only thing I ever found to work was the Rockscout app. There are a selection of music players you can download to work with that - nothing I found was great but they did the job. There's also a navigation app that works with it but it's so bad, you may as well try navigating with the stars. Sorry it not better news than that.

Car Mode on Samsung Galaxy S8 works much better but still isn't as good as it could be, should Toyota ever allow the use of Android Auto.

Cant get it to connect at all wont allow me to turn on,the usb part on phone just greyed out all time so doesnt connect.I have rockscout app on phone and shows in apps.Just the mirrorlink part on phone wont turn on.

Probably never use it but because it said it had it i wanted to try it out. Toyota dealer said not got mirrorlink,only comes with x nav version.To which i replied this has got x nav installed.Pretty clueless to be honest to say he sells Toyota for a living.

That's odd. When I used to connect mine to the USB, I'd just press the yellow thing on the top of the cars screen (making sure the phone screen wasn't locked), it would then go to the syncing screen for a few moment, then would show the apps I could open.

Hi!

So it's not possible to use something like Android Auto or Car Play on the Aygo?

Android Auto definitely doesn't work. Not heard of Car Play but I know Car Mode works on the S8 (possibly S7 too) but I could never get it working on the S6. Only ones I could get working were Rockscout along with one of the music players (I forget the name, sorry) or Spotify. It's a shame as Android Auto looks far superior to the rest.

1 hour ago, BrunoN said:

Hi!

So it's not possible to use something like Android Auto or Car Play on the Aygo?

Unfortunately not. As far as I understand, the head unit of Aygo is compatible with the Mirrorlink standard, which is not compatible with the implementation of Android (Android Auto) nor with the one of iOS (CarPlay). Just to clear things up, Mirrorlink allows the use of Mirrorlink-compatible apps from a compatible smartphone (both lists are indicative) through the car's head unit - it is not to be confused with Screen Mirroring (mirroring the exact screen of the smartphone on the car's head unit display).

If you have a Samsung smartphone, you can check out this post for trying if screen mirroring works for you.

I posted in this topic before, and said that we might as well forget screen mirroring. As I said then, the dealerships (and Toyota GB) either don't know anything about updates, or say there are none anyway. It appears from subsequent posts here that the consensus is that if you have an up-to-date phone, it won't mirror link at all, so I seem to be right. Forget screen mirroring. Don't go for the horrendously expensive satnav option either. What I have done is get an inexpensive magnetic phone holder that sticks on just below the X-touch screen, then my iPhone attaches to it and I run either google Maps or, better still, NAVMII which is a free, offline mapping/satnav app. I have the iPhone plugged into a power socket in the cigarette lighter socket, and it runs beautifully. The X-touch screen is still displaying whatever I want it too, as well! A thumb drive in the usb socket contains all my music, so that's pretty much all I need.

PS - Toyota keep wanting me to swap my 2015 Aygo for a new one or something larger, but I have no intention of doing that, as I love it. I went for the option with the extra chrome-work - which seems to have disappeared on new ones - and since I have never seen another like it, I seem to have a lovely, unique Aygo!

• 2 months later...

Does someone have a link for the 830 and 840 firmware?
Can't find them while searching on the internet or this forum

31 minutes ago, Justin2501 said:

Does someone have a link for the 830 and 840 firmware?
Can't find them while searching on the internet or this forum

See Devon Aygo's post of 22nd August 2016 on page 1 of this thread.

29 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

See Devon Aygo's post of 22nd August 2016 on page 1 of this thread.

This document goes untill 820. I was hoping to find 830 and 840.

I also can't get in the Service Menu for some reason, car is on ignition (engine not running) and turned on/off my beamlight 3 times.
But no menu

On 10/7/2016 at 3:52 PM, Paul Nicholas said:

Sorry guys the links are dead.

My car just had it's 2 year service and they said there's no update for X-touch despite how much I argued with them.

Does anyone have the zip file to the 820 update? Or know how to get hold of it?

Check out this post - I think this is what you're looking for (worked for me): 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

Check out this post - I think this is what you're looking for (worked for me): 

Thanks for the info, just updated to 840! :biggrin:

• Like 1

I also can't get in the Service Menu for some reason, car is on ignition (engine not running) and turned on/off my beamlight 3 times.

But no menu

You have to twist the stork on and off three times (headlights) and not push/pull the stork three times (high beams).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links