Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black Tint

eternity575

hey guys...

i reallly want black tints..

the problem is that i can tint only the back windows (front are not legal ..back are)

but... doesnt it look a bit lame? :bye:

u r, but only the rear 3 are allowed, same in england, but the back 3 can only b done to a certain %

get limo black or dark smoke for the back 3! and a very light coloured one for the front 2, light smoke for example! It will let 90% of light through

get limo black or dark smoke for the back 3! and a very light coloured one for the front 2, light smoke for example! It will let 90% of light through

you'd get pulled over for 90% :ph34r:

I thought you were allowed back windows fully tinted, the rear 3, the front 2 partially tinted, and the windscreen cannot be tinted at all.

Come on guys! get it sorted! I found 3 places near me willing to tint the front windows as long as it was a cash in hand job!

If you dont ask you dont get! :)

Ive got 50% blue all round, looks the bizz, no receipt! :thumbsup:

I thought the new laws in the UK were that you are only allowed up to 30% tint on the front windows but anything you like on the rears? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!

Its 100% Rear windows, and 30% Tint on the side ones, and windscreen cannot be tinted at all I think!

I thought you were allowed back windows fully tinted, the rear 3, the front 2 partially tinted, and the windscreen cannot be tinted at all.

Yes you are! I mean, what about delivery vans that have silver tint on and you cant see out of them at all? What about vans which hav wooden boards cut to the shape of the window so you cant see out of them?

Also.... what about riot vans which hav limo black tint on the whole back end

Ive just had dark smoked tints fitted to the back and rear side windows and a medium smoke to my front side windows but i had to sign a disclamer as they are illigal,

the company i used wouldnt tint the fronts any darker even if i signed a disclamer for them too

and you can hardly tell the difference between the front and back anyhow, still a shame as i was after limo black all round :ph34r:

Niz

HA HA! Here in the north Of Ireland you can 90% black tint your windows, all except for front windscreen :-D

no, dont they get to remove it too, and prove that you have removed them?

have you got some piccies please? :D

They can do loads of stuff if they want but generally its £30 and they send you on your way, there not very dark any how no different to what you see on most X5's Mercs and LandRovers, if I did have Limo black it might be a different story.

Piccys will be in my garage within the next half hour, updating it now, also just put up a new post with lated piccys :thumbsup:

Niz

ive got light smoke all round its nice looks bit silly avin black tints on black car othawise id jus av a black blob

bit silly avin black tints on black car othawise id jus av a black blob

Nah, I think if you had the tints that allow like 50% light in and not the limo tints then it would look alright.

Plus it makes the car look mysterios in a way :ph34r:

Yes you are! I mean, what about delivery vans that have silver tint on and you cant see out of them at all? What about vans which hav wooden boards cut to the shape of the window so you cant see out of them?

Also.... what about riot vans which hav limo black tint on the whole back end

Aye..but the delivery vans with the silver tint...don't have any rear view mirrors anyway...and have bald tires too....

Besiodes mirror tints only stop ya looking in...pretty much 100% looking out.

Police arn't cracking down yet...but they will, and it will more than a £30 fine...will also be points on ya licence for not driving a roadworthy vehicle and also you'll be ordered to remove them within 7 days.

At the moment...it depends on what kind of day the coppers having.

Same with mobiles...they arn't too bothered really...

Vipes

No point in window tints. Why pay to get something done that is illegal and could cost you even more money! If it was a quick £30-£40 job all round then maybe... but its not. And to get them done accoring to the law its still an unjustified amount of money. 30% isnt enough to cool you from direct sunlight - correct me if i'm wrong.

And to have the rears tinted excessivly is only really justified in people carriers, taxi's and limo's where you want to keep rear passangers cool - well lets be honest - how often do we take or care about rear passengers?

In the paper I read about how police found a car with windows tinted so much that they let only 3% of light through! 3%! Its dangerous and stupid.

Then again, its all up to the individual - I am not going to think any less of anyone who has them done, as long as they aren't stupid dark and don't drive like a pratt.

Just my thoughts :)

P.S. I do think they look cool, but not at the price.