Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rev 2 13.5sec 1/4 Run

pizza boy

A m8 of my little bro apparently carried out a 13.51 @ 103.7 mph 1/4 mile. His tuning is bleed valve ,de-cat and induction kit FCD + stock zorst. He claims it was carried out at normal 10psi ....erm. I think he must have cranked the boost right the way up or am I wrong? Can rev1/2 perform this well (it aint exactly a minter either) with basic mods at standard boost?

Hmm, Gvalve and FCD and not using it - not sure ..

If he got a good launch, on a try track with good rubber I suppose it's possible ..

remembering rev1/2 = more torque is feasable buit would expect it to be in !Removed! good nick and working 110%

I'd be expecting 14's ..

I did have a vid of a rev2 vs rev3 .. Think the times were Rev3 14.0 .. Rev2 14.5 ..

I would be curious to see what my car could pull.

I reakon low-mid 13's....with a SUPER GOOD launch maybe.....MAYBE HIGH 12's.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

is it me or does the rev 1/2 look wider than the rev 3

remembering rev1/2 = more torque is feasable buit would expect it to be in !Removed! good nick and working 110%

doesn't apply to turbos just n/a's :thumbsup:

is it me or does the rev 1/2 look wider than the rev 3

think it does 'look' wider due to the lights and centre panel on the rev2, isn't mind.

13.7 the bloke at the end says!

ahh ... cool.. love tha avatar of your car mate... :thumbsup: :D

aaaah now come to think of it i know what you mean bh969!, the centre panel for rev 1 and 2s does make them look wider as midmotorsteve said!

Ya but your run was at santa pod=super grippy surface. This run was at a dodgy old airfiled. Its likely he cranked up his boost and just isnt admitting it (so he looks "cool") as I asked earlier if he was up for a little laugh and do a few runs on twisties. Apparently he only wants to "race" me in str8 lines at a 1/4 mile strip which quite frankly is boring and indicates it was a short high boost runs he was making. Says it all really...sad but hes prolly the only mr2 owner I dont like. Hes a bit of an ars* really.

santa pod is not that grippy there is some one on sxoc called big tone has a 440 bhp s13 and can only run mid 13s there on a crappy air strip ran low 12s santa pod is not that good for grip

There are so many conditions in drag racing that can affect the 60ft timings, grip is certainly a big one, and this is not totally, but certainly to a large extent generated by the conditions on the day e.g. wet, and the type/compound of tyres on the car.

THen you have driver skill to throw into the mix, plus traction control etc etc

However, on a decent dry cold morning I would expect cars to run good times, I don't think a pre rev3 would run 13.5 without upping the boost. However the 13.7 video is encouraging at 9psi!

Basically if he doens't have a slip/video and cannot prove the cars setup, you are into the realms of pub BHP and other such bull.