Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Treated my Prius Gen4

thecaretaker

Just sharing...

I see there are a few non-MrT accessories starting to appear for the new Prius. I see rear chrome strips which go around the Badge and rear chrome boot finishes are available. But I treated myself to something my Auris Excel had but the new Prius Excel didn't, Chrome front grill trim. It arrived within 3 days from China and fits perfectly. I looks very well made, the stainless Steel strip has notches to fit found the uprights in the grill. It wasn't cheap at £65.

Ptdc0013.jpg

Ptdc0015.jpg

Ptdc0016.jpg

They look really good.  It would be good to see a wider shot showing the overall look :)

I have seen on Amazon chrome door handle covers which look very good, but there are no reviews.  I would post a link, but not sure if that's within the rules? 

5 hours ago, Harters said:

I have seen on Amazon chrome door handle covers which look very good, but there are no reviews.  I would post a link, but not sure if that's within the rules? 

Posting a link is fine as long as it isn't advertising something you're connected with as regards a business or similar.

I post a few links to Amazon products, Auto Express product reviews, etc.

• Like 1

Below is the link to the handles.  Amazing price, but not sure if they would look 'stuck on' rather than integrated, but I guess for the price its worth a try.  UK delivery too.

Prius MK4 Chrome Door Handles

Also, wondered about the sensor for the door lock buttons too

Hi I fitted those handles a month ago and they are a very good fit and do not interfere with the operation of the smart entry.Has anyone had problems with the Sat Nav such as the sound level changing from 2 to 8 when switched on or the Sat Nav turning itself off, resetting and returning to information screen whilst driving.

DSCF4053.JPG

DSCF4054.JPG

Edited by ian rooke
spelling
  • Like 2

That is interesting Frosty, as I posted a link to a firm akin to we-sell-any-car etc taken from the Sunday Telegraph Honest John, and was instantly ex-communicated by the powers that be, with a threat to be sent to Oz in leg irons................only just recovered!

Do you know why this was?????

I'm pretty chuffed with the official Toyota illuminated scuff plates - crazy price, but what the heck - so impressive, especially in the dark!

ScuffPlate.jpgScuffPlate2.jpg

• Like 4

On 09/05/2016 at 3:23 PM, barrycoll said:

That is interesting Frosty, as I posted a link to a firm akin to we-sell-any-car etc taken from the Sunday Telegraph Honest John, and was instantly ex-communicated by the powers that be, with a threat to be sent to Oz in leg irons................only just recovered!

Do you know why this was?????

No. To be honest without seeing the link in question or the context it was posted within, it is difficult to comment one way or another.

On 11 September 2016 at 11:33 PM, PeteB said:

I'm pretty chuffed with the official Toyota illuminated scuff plates - crazy price, but what the heck - so impressive, especially in the dark!

ScuffPlate.jpgScuffPlate2.jpg

Oh I like those. Where do you get them from? Are they Battery operated or do they get wired in?

4 minutes ago, MEP's Yaris GS said:

Oh I like those. Where do you get them from? Are they battery operated or do they get wired in?

They're official Toyota accessories - my dealer (Dingles of Norwich) fitted them - I ordered them as part of the spec of the car, along with the side mouldings.  £425 including fitting and wiring into the car - they come on when the door is opened.

ps - you can get shiny non-illuminated ones for about a quarter of the price (I had these on my Gen 3) - they look good, but nowhere near as cool as these!

• Like 1

Yay - worth every penny Pete I'd say!  D'you happen to know if they're Gen4 only, or would they fit Gen3 as well? 

1 hour ago, Duffryn said:

Yay - worth every penny Pete I'd say!  D'you happen to know if they're Gen4 only, or would they fit Gen3 as well? 

They were only sold as being for the Gen 4, but I've no idea if they'd fit the Gen 3.

On one of my Toyotas, my service manager printed a list from his computer system that listed all the available Toyota accessories for my particular model, so maybe you could ask yours?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PeteB said:

They were only sold as being for the Gen 4, but I've no idea if they'd fit the Gen 3.

On one of my Toyotas, my service manager printed a list from his computer system that listed all the available Toyota accessories for my particular model, so maybe you could ask yours?

Cheers Pete, I'm still waiting to hear about my recall notice so maybe I'll give them a ring about that and ask about sill covers at the same time. I had the non-illuminated ones fitted to my previous Prius...just for that extra touch.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links