Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stubby Aerial?

Paulq

Finally picked up my RAV4 on Wednesday last week and am absolutely over the moon with it - far far better than the CRV it replaced.

The only issue I am having is that the aerial is catching on the garage roof when I put it in there which is a bit of a pain.  Is there an OEM shorter replacement available or, if not, can anyone provide a link to one they have used that works well?  Have looked on eBay but not sure what's good an what's not on there.

Thanks in advance.

Could try sending Parts-King a personal message, detailing your car (reg no as a minimum) and posing the question.

With my 2009 Auris, I had the same issue, and replaced the aerial mast with an OE VW Polo mast, which worked well.

The 2012 Auris (first generation) I then had came with a shorter aerial mast which didn't catch the garage door - so may be worth looking at one of those. 

3 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Could try sending Parts-King a personal message, detailing your car (reg no as a minimum) and posing the question.

With my 2009 Auris, I had the same issue, and replaced the aerial mast with an OE VW Polo mast, which worked well.

The 2012 Auris (first generation) I then had came with a shorter aerial mast which didn't catch the garage door - so may be worth looking at one of those. 

Great thanks - I will do just that.

I bought this one from eBay a couple years ago - worked like a treat with no noticeable loss in reception at all!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Auris-Corolla-IQ-Prius-Yaris-Verso-SHORT-STUBBY-Aerial-Antena-Mast-/360648033224?hash=item53f84c43c8:m:m-EZmt8WtIEb5QH-gAsxy-A

Paul

I have the same Aerial as Bill and likewise have had no problems and it solved the problem of the aerial catching the garage door. No problems with reception but I use the DAB radio which I believe uses an aerial attached to the small window at the back of the car on the near side.

On my Rav, the Dab aerial is actually in the base, where the stubby aerial attaches to! Learnt this the hard way when I tried to buy a replacement base as my original aerial got caught in a carpark light and damaged the base with it.

When the original aerial broke off I had no DAB reception at all until I got the Stubby.

Bill interesting to read your experience about the base of the aerial. Does your RAV have the aerial in the rear quarter light as shown in the photo ? Have Toyota changed the position or does the window "aerial" have another function.

image.jpeg

Hmmm well I don't have my original Rav anymore. Picked up a hybrid this morning. Just went out to check and it does indeed have DAB aerials on the back quarters, but then again the aerial on the roof is a shark fin now, no rod at all.

I'm starting to doubt myself at this stage, but I remember being told by multiple sources that the old base was DAB, and I ended up bodging it up best I could.

I'm 100% confident that removing the aerial affected my DAB though - so...yeah don't know what to make of it all.

Thanks for having a look. Hopefully someone in the know will let us know what does what.

Would be interested what you think of the hybrid after you have had a chance to drive it and how it compares to your previous RAV.

So does 

1 hour ago, BillBrown said:

Picked up a hybrid this morning.

So does your profile need changing?

On 4 September 2016 at 8:10 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

So does 

So does your profile need changing?

Hah good spot! Yes it did, and should be updated now.

As for my feelings on the Hybrid - love it. The fact it had no gears was a bit weird at first, but its very nice to just have constant torque all the way up to the desired speed.

Drive wise I find it just as comfortable as my old one, which I loved so quite happy there.

Only done 150 miles so far but I think this one will be a keeper ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links