Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth and Android

Blue Canary

Has anyone managed to browse the music files on an android device via bluetooth on the Toyota Touch system? 

I have a 2013 Auris Icon, with the basic Touch system. With bluetooth I can see what track is playing,  but I can't browse the files on the phone. The user manual suggests that this should be possible,  if the phone supports AVRCP v1.4. My phone does support v1.4.

I had a look on the Toyota blog and it seems that this feature - browsing music files via bluetooth - is not supported for Android devices. So does it only work with Apple products? 

I have a 65 plate Auris Excel 1.8 Hybrid. My bluetooth system works fine! I can browse files fine, does lag every now and then. I have an iPhone. My voice recognition doesn't work though.

Actually I checked mine this morning and it's fine with my S7. You need to have songs queued up in a playlist I think.

Sam - an iPhone isn't Android.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

Actually I checked mine this morning and it's fine with my S7. You need to have songs queued up in a playlist I think.

Sam - an iPhone isn't Android.

Darren I know what you mean. Everything seems to be aimed at the iPhone market. Yet Android is the most used operating system. Search "most used mobile operating system" and will see the result.

The problem is that the industry has focused on Apple, though it is slowly changing. Any company excluding Android now may lose out. At least you may have voice recognition if that works. 

Have you tried creating a play list folder? I don't have your system but would experiment if given the opportunity.

Thanks for all your replies, I think I'll just have to live with Toyota's poor support for Android. I might see if there are any sotware updates availabel for the Touch unit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links