Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T25 2.0D salon heating problem

janarheinla

Hi

Starting a car this voice sounds a few seconds and driver side blower zone blows only cold air (even if the engine is warm). Passenger side blower blows nicely warm and cold.

Video: https://youtu.be/c0bqoLE0koU

I made a self diagnostic with climate control buttons and got a trouble code 46. What is that?

I sounds like some blades or heatermotor are faulty.
Please help or give me some information what cause the problem?

From what what you have described, the drivers side control flap is not working properly, and may have come off it's mounting, touching the fan blades. 

I don't know trouble code 46, since the highest I know is trouble code 43. You may need to access the workshop manual which may cover the fixes of the heater/air conditioning system. 

You know how to change the cabin/pollen filter, so you check if anything has fallen in. Here is a video in case - 

Here is a link to diagrams of the heater/air-con system - http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2004/avensis/cdt250l-aemgxw/3_273550_088_223W/electrical/8714_heating-air-conditioning-cooler-unit/2

The access is good once you remove the storage box.

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

While I don't have a digital control in our Avensis only manual, when I brought it the heater didn't work though the pipes from the engine were hot. It turned out to be the operating quadrant wasn't connecting with the motor because the small metal pin was missing. I drilled a hole in the quadrant tapped it and screwed a grub screw in to act as a replacement. Tested it and it worked so removed the grub screw coated the thread in Gorilla Glue put it back and left it to set, it's been working well ever since (stupid me tempting fate now)

So as Konrad says check the operating flaps once the glove box and trim under the steering wheel are removed access is not to bad.

• Like 1

Thanks for your answers. I will try changing or removing cabin air filter and blow some pressure air from inside to out. I am thinking, maybe some spruce needle are stuck in the system, because my car parks under the tree. But the noise of the motor is located in the center of dashboard not right bottom behind the glowbox. I will check.

• 5 years later...
On 9/6/2016 at 1:40 PM, Greydog said:

While I don't have a digital control in our Avensis only manual, when I brought it the heater didn't work though the pipes from the engine were hot. It turned out to be the operating quadrant wasn't connecting with the motor because the small metal pin was missing. I drilled a hole in the quadrant tapped it and screwed a grub screw in to act as a replacement. Tested it and it worked so removed the grub screw coated the thread in Gorilla Glue put it back and left it to set, it's been working well ever since (stupid me tempting fate now)

So as Konrad says check the operating flaps once the glove box and trim under the steering wheel are removed access is not to bad.

I'm sorry for such a late question on a five year old post. But what quadrant did you mean? I've got a problem that the arm from the flap feels loose, it just spins around without any resistance and the temperature does not change when I manually turn it. So I think it has come loose from the actual blend door.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue with my 1cd-ftv.

I haven't got split climate control.

All of my flaps appear to be in order, but I cannot say this 100%

Any suggestions anyone?

Cheers.

Marc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links