Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not charging battery, alternator confirmed as working.

Badger87

Hi there, first off apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, couldn't find anything pertaining to this besides alternator replacement.

Have an Aygo 2006 1.0 (Engine 1KR-FE B52) in for suspected alternator failure.  Initially car ran once started but with low voltage at Battery (definitely off the alternator as I was able to drive it 50km to the shop)..   I have replaced the alternator voltage regulator, and confirmed a healthy >14 volt operation of the alternator by bench testing.

Now the car only seems to run off the Battery...  something like 11 volts when running and just slowly runs the Battery down..  Engine dies as soon as the battery is disconnected.  Before I go through the hassle of messing with all the wiring in between the alternator/battery,  alternator/PCM does someone know of an alternator fuse, or have any experience of these symptoms? (yes, I have at least checked everything's connected, nothing obvious there!)  Perhaps something got shorted out when moving the car around the lot with no alternator installed....                        

Additional:
The heated O2 sensor after the catalytic converter is currently disconnected should that make any difference (bad twist 'n tie I am yet to fix, and gotta confirm which connection's which..)

The battery light on the dashboard still has the ability to be illuminated, but doesn't seem to if the battery itself if fully charged (have been charging it with another power supply), so I doubt the computer's fried (here's to wishful thinking!)

Have already checked the ground off the gearbox is connected, and no problem with the body ground on the bulkhead.

Regards.

There's a post here about Aygo fuses which might be of interest so check it out

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/126704-aygo-fuse-diagram/#comment-1128844

There's also this one about Toyota altermator fuses http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/173690-wrong-jump-leads-fitted-help/#comment-1419671

I had the same symptoms on mine but that was the alternator! it burned itself out!

• 4 years later...

Just changed the alternator myself this week. 14 years old car 58859 milies