Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MMT Gearbox

Kesto

Hi lads. I have got yaris mmt 2009. It drives ok for about 300 mls. The trouble starts as gear slips out (rear, once or twice)or pause between gears or jumps. Then I do next what is said Technical Bulletin: Installation of the MMT ECU, Initialisation of the clutch, MMT System learning and MMT system synchronisation and position calibration. After this I go another smooth 300 mls and over again. Can anybody help me with this? may I need new clutch? is there possibility to chech clutch thicknes without taking gearbox off. Or may clutch selenoid has to be greased. The car's selenoid is hydraulic. May someone have a mmt manual, or can recomend one. Thank you for support. 

The problems, for MMT gearboxes, are hard to diagnose. First thing I would check is your Battery voltage. An old Battery may not have enough current to drive the actuator inside the gearbox. If that is not the problem, then it is possible that your clutch is worn out. It can also be the actuator itself. Resetting the gearbox may help for short while, but it does not cure the mechanical problems. There are in fact plenty of MMT posts in the Auris and Aygo forum, you can do a simple search to check them out.

But be warn, MMT gearbox are notorious and expensive to fix, and it has to be done at Toyota as well.  

Thank you for replay. Since 2002 I never been in garage for service because I fix my cars myself. Exept tyre change or aircon system regas. That is why I am in forum. I am looking for information or manual because I realised that isn't too much info about mmt.

Hi, Check the ATF temp sensor. Fluid temp should be between 50 - 80 deg C. Also water temp should be above 60C. This will cause problems getting 4th. Also try time lag check (at temp) Handbrake and footbrake 'ON' select 'D' or 'R' you should feel a pull 1.2 - 1.5 secs MAX. Good Luck.

Have a quick look at this, not sure if the pdf somewhere down the thread has the mechanical diagrams that you need.

• 2 years later...

Hey there I have semi automatic Toyota Yaris 2003 and look for mmt actuator not the  clutch actuator the little tab on my mmt broken off and just wondering if it can be welded back on if not am look for use one