Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Traction Control & VSC Sport on GT86

jozijacks

I have read the explanation on this forum for what the TC and VSC Sport does.  My problem is that even when these functions are not disabled, the rear of my 2015 model goes into a skid with a degree of regularity on wet(ish) roads, even on straight road and at low speed, but mostly on corners or pull-away - even when I'm going really slow.  Any advice?

• 3 months later...

I would make sure the tyres are in good condition, is the tread good? Are they original tyres? If not are they good enough? Being rear wheel drive, the back end will step out if the tyres are getting low. You would still need to be driving it quite hard, I would have it checked out as this is not something that should happen with normal driving

Also check that your tyre pressures are correct. The GT86 doesn't have a TPMS, and incorrect tyre pressures could lead to unpredictable handling.

You also need to make sure that you don't start to feed in power until the car is (relatively) straight.

19 minutes ago, TheFuture'sBright said:

The GT86 doesn't have a TPMS, and incorrect tyre pressures could lead to unpredictable handling.

In the UK and EU, tyre pressure monitoring systems became mandatory on new cars registered after 1st November 2014.

The OP's GT86 is a 2015 model.

• 9 months later...

Also the GT86 VSC is set to allow some fun before kicking in - means a bit of a wiggle before straightening things for you and a giggle to yourself 

• 3 months later...

The only button i use on mine is the SPORT and combined with the paddle shift it goes like a rocket so i have to watch my speed. With the snow we had around here today, about 2 inches i used the snow button and got round reasonably well in that mode.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links