Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SR180 exhaust

swanseaguy

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice on exhausts for my SR180.

I think the current exhaust let's it down so much and looks terrible. It's also a pain when going over certain bumps as the bottom catches. 

The only local dealer to me is Longlife exhaust systems and they've quoted me £300+ for a custom a stainless steel exhaust from the CAT back.

I'm not looking for a boy racer exhaust that wakes the neighbours up every time I drive past just something that sounds better, maybe help improve the cars power, and most of all something that not so low down and hits certain speed bumps!

Cheers.

Hi ... with it being customer depends what you going for.

I've got a 2.5inch DPF back exhaust with no boxes on sounds absolutely fantastic when your giving it some beans.

And has nice subtle burble that you can hardly hear on the motorway when cruising.

You definitely need to get rid of the back box it's one of the most restrictive parts of the system. 

I went to Tony Banks Exhausts in Leeds and I'm in Cornwall. 

My SR180 is remapped as well so I've got a panel filter and an exhaust then mapped.

I was thinking of replacing the full thing, but you reckon just the back box will do is it? The only company by me is longlife (I think)

I can't find anyone local to me that can remap it, but only add a tuning box - which I've heard is a waste of money. Have you seen much difference ih the economy and power with the remap? Was it worth it? I'd like to do just to try and help the fuel on my car (35mpg currently)

I replaced the full thing on mine from the DPF back one pipe with no boxes on. It wasn't loud or intrusive when just cruising just a subtle tone. 

It was a completely different car once mapped.

It is better on fuel as well I had the EGR valves disabled too. Then just fitted a blank 

The only place I found to do it was DRS Cornwall.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2016 at 7:10 AM, smudge-1991 said:

I replaced the full thing on mine from the DPF back one pipe with no boxes on. It wasn't loud or intrusive when just cruising just a subtle tone. 

It was a completely different car once mapped.

It is better on fuel as well I had the EGR valves disabled too. Then just fitted a blank 

The only place I found to do it was DRS Cornwall.

I just had a quote through with a company in Bridgend, South Wales called GotBoost ltd - A remap with dyno for £450...Would you say that good?

This is the first company I've come across that can do an actual remap rather than add a tuning box. He wants me to take it don first to make sure that he can do it and then he'll have to order some special parts in to do it, to make sure it's done safely. Looking at reviews they're a good company and work with F3 cars etc..

I think they can do something with the exhaust system as well so going hold off with Longlife until I go down and see what they say.

The company I went to have done loads of Auris 2.0 and 2.2 I looked through their facebook page and reviews etc ... cost me £200 to have a custom remap done. Knew all the safety limits of the car etc etc. Very clued up. 

Had all the codings and encryption data for the ecus. Even toyotech near Lincoln asked me where I got it done because they hadn't found a company that can do it.