Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is the Prius for me ?

dread_uk

3 hours ago, dread_uk said:

It's a dealer that only sell Toyota's not a main dealer he had probably close to a 100 cars

Mot's and HPI checks on the car all look legit

Just waiting on the version number so I can check the info on "my toyota" shame you can't just pull the info up without verifying it.

I know, It has been a pain for me in the past. Having to wait for the V5 to arrive in the post.

Can i purchase an extended warranty from Toyota ? if the car comes with no warranty ? 

The seller has got back to me with the v5 details 

http://prntscr.com/cow28i

Anyone shed any light on weather this has a hybird cert ?

It had some warranty work about 2 years ago, which just says Battery, i presume that will be the 12v in the back ?  

The hhc should show up in the mytoyota history.

You can always pop into a Toyota dealer and give them the reg and they can check to see if you can do it.

34 minutes ago, dread_uk said:

Can i purchase an extended warranty from Toyota ? if the car comes with no warranty ? 

It should come with some sort of warranty. My point was to compare what you were being offered. 

If interested in Toyota's offering, ask Toyota like they say here => https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/warranty/extended-warranty.json I don't know any other details. 

The HHC has been part of the standard servicing schedule (at Toyota) for well over a year. The printout should be with the service records, but from postings here it would seem that they can be retrospectively reprinted. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dread_uk said:

as long as the car has been maintained according to Toyota schedule with parts that meet or exceed Toyota requirements & is within the mileage limits you should be able to.

If you take out the Toyota Extended Warranty you then have to have the car serviced at Toyota dealers during it to keep the warranty valid.

Toyota have recently been doing a "2 year for the price of one" offer on Extended Warranties - you may want to ask if that offer is still available.

• Like 1

On 01/10/2016 at 9:50 PM, dread_uk said:

i found the ev mode very sluggish around town so your have to get used to that I think, I think the lack of throttle response makes it feel "worse"

also when I was sat in the car before we moved off I could hear a fan I think from the radio is that normal ?

one final one, is there anything I should be looking out for when I'm looking at these cars ?

The only real use for EV mode is for moving the car a short distance when it is cold.  Using EV to do this prevents the Prius firing up the ICE and going through the start up stages.

The fan noise from the radio area could be for the cabin air or possibly the AC.  The cabin air direction thingy is also motorised and is tucked in around there.

4 hours ago, johalareewi said:

The only real use for EV mode is for moving the car a short distance when it is cold...

I find it a bit more useful than that - using EV mode (when the system allows it) will make the car stay on Battery only with more pedal pressure than without it (all of the top half of the ECO zone on the Hybrid System Indicator as opposed to just the bottom half - straying into the top (red) PWR band with kick it out of EV mode.

Some examples are:

• when I keep slowing down for speed humps - can use a bit more power between them without starting the engine just in time for it to shut off again (useful if I have someone impatient behind me!)
  • when there are several junctions at the start of a journey, and I'd rather recharge the Battery when I get to a major road (nearby) so that it does so while I'm moving continuously (I believe this is more efficient than having the warm-up process when I'm stopping some of the time)
  • when I'm briefly stopping locally (e.g. local shop, ATM within the EV range) before going on a longer trip - an interrupted warm-up period seems to use more fuel than a single one even with a but of extra HV Battery recharging.

6 hours ago, johalareewi said:

The only real use for EV mode is for moving the car a short distance when it is cold.  Using EV to do this prevents the Prius firing up the ICE and going through the start up stages.

The fan noise from the radio area could be for the cabin air or possibly the AC.  The cabin air direction thingy is also motorised and is tucked in around there.

Underground car parks and other confined spaces, is what I would use it for.

Sadly EV range is not standard between the different models. On my Auris its 0.5 mile (1Km), mums Yaris is 1 mile (2Km) as stated in the manual.

I spoke to the toyota dealer that has done the previous services today, they do a hybird health check as standard on every service....

I might bite the bullet :)

Oh warranty 6 months, but I would just take it in for a service at my local toyota dealers pretty much right away as one if due and enquire about an extended warranty 

1 hour ago, dread_uk said:

I spoke to the toyota dealer that has done the previous services today, they do a hybird health check as standard on every service....

I might bite the bullet :)

Oh warranty 6 months, but I would just take it in for a service at my local toyota dealers pretty much right away as one if due and enquire about an extended warranty 

So you should be sorted then :biggrin:

14 hours ago, dread_uk said:

The Toyota Extended warranty is pretty good and includes Toyota Rescue (or whatever it is called this year) and MOT cover.  When taking it out for the first time, there are a couple of restrictions based on age and mileage. 

https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/warranty/extended-warranty.json

it varies according to how long you want it for (1 or 2 years) & anticipated mileage (under or over 15,000mls per annum [ iirc this used to be 10,000mls p.a for low user?]).

Ask your dealer & ask if the 2 years for the price of 1 offer is still on. Remember that it also include Toyota Roadside Assistance for the term (normally ~£72 p.a. on it's own).

2 hours ago, dread_uk said:

Any idea of the price ?

I can only tell you the price I was quoted for my Auris, 450 quid with the 2 for 1. Paid over 10 months and they let me delay paying for it until the 12 month warranty was up. 

For my gen3 Prius, two years unlimited mileage was around £800.  The price can vary so ask around.

12 hours ago, johalareewi said:

For my gen3 Prius, two years unlimited mileage was around £800.  The price can vary so ask around.

Doesn't sound like you got the 2 year for price of 1 year offer - but bear in mind about £150 of that gives you 2 years' AA cover with all the options, Europe wide.

11 hours ago, PeteB said:

Doesn't sound like you got the 2 year for price of 1 year offer

My last extended warranty was taken out in 2014.  The 2 years for the price of one is a recent offer for new extended warranties.

16 hours ago, dread_uk said:

ouch

Bargain.

We are talking a 2009 T3 gen3 prius with 100,000 miles on the clock (in 2014).  As Pete said, this included 2 years Toyota rescue (which would normally be about £120).

Similar T3's had been reported with dead inverter and steering column issues (both pretty expensive).  My dealer also did a service plan/MOT bundle with the warranty to get the overall price down a bit more.

1 hour ago, johalareewi said:

...this included 2 years Toyota rescue (which would normally be about £120)...

Currently  "£7 per month on monthly Direct Debit, £72 per annum on annual Direct Debit and £76 as a single payment by Credit or Debit Card"

It's gone up a bit since I last had to pay for it separately.  Do you still get a discount if you have already Toyota assistance on your other Toyota?

3 hours ago, johalareewi said:

It's gone up a bit since I last had to pay for it separately.  Do you still get a discount if you have already Toyota assistance on your other Toyota?

" Toyota Roadside Assistance £61 Family discount Offer 
£61 offer applies only where there is another full-paying member in the same household"

• Like 1